internet stupid people everywhere

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 +zhiVago

zhiVago

Pax Orbis

• 9,319 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:39

People are different. A lot of people enjoy messing around, filming fails and having a good laugh with their mates about it.

What you've got to remember is it's still a tiny, tiny percentage of the population of the world who are doing this. So just relax and get n with your life.

I agree with you in general, however, in principle, according to the basic laws of human stupidity proposed by an Italian economist Carlo M. Cipolla, stupid people are the most dangerous because 1) it's impossible to rationalize with them (as opposed to bandits whose motivations are known and can be understood), 2) because they can harm you without any reasons, at the worst possible time, and without any gain to themselves, and 3) there's no upper limit to human stupidity.

#17 OP uMadRabbit

uMadRabbit

Neowinian Senior

• 2,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:43

I agree with you in general, however, in principle, according to the basic laws of human stupidity proposed by an Italian economist Carlo M. Cipolla, stupid people are the most dangerous because 1) it's impossible to rationalize with them (as opposed to bandits whose motivations are known and can be understood), 2) because they can harm you without any reasons, at the worst possible time, and without any gain to themselves, and 3) there's no upper limit to human stupidity.

Speaking of which, there are a couple of videos where some smart ass tries to show off with his new car and injuries other people while doing that or destroys other people's property. There's no excuse for that, none what so ever. Same goes for drunk driving - all of which goes under stupidity. 

#18 DoctorD

DoctorD

Neowinian

• 161 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:05

Oddly enough a few of my long time friends and I just had a discussion about this last month. The debate was how dumbed down the younger generation has became as a whole do to crappy parenting, technology, or just being told that everyone is the same and there are no losers.

#19 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,608 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:36

Stupidity has run a muck amok in the USA, and getting worse by the day!

Incorrect spelling is a big problem too :p

#20 He's Dead Jim

He's Dead Jim

Neowinian Senior

• 2,255 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:48

The thing is, our intellectual capacity should be increasing by generation, not decreasing, are we, not educating our kids as well as our parents educated us, is it the schools, the gov, the corps, the north koreans, Is it affecting us as individuals, Can we do anything as individuals, we are both divided and ruled, Should we bother to educate those who willl care for us when we're old...

We pass it on to the next generation,

#21 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,037 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:49

I wouldn't consider myself stupid.. but ever since I was like 15 (10 years or so) I've watched fail videos, pranks, etc.  I used to love watching Pranked on MTV and still like to watch Ridiculousness on MTV.

#22 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:52

I see where you're coming from, but you can't help what you find funny. 

My friend a few years ago swung off a branch up a tree about 2 metres up in the air on a rope swing that we had built ourselves (yeah yeah, you know what's coming...) and the seat just unravelled from the rope at the bottom and he fell ass first onto the floor (it was like he'd just jumped ass first off the branch without a swing at all). He was in agony and actually got up, held his ass with both hands and ran forward before collapsing in a heap on the floor. 

I was concerned for him but at the same time I was laughing my head off at what I'd just witnessed, and was still laughing as I called an ambulance and directed them to where we were. He ended up just having a bruised tailbone. 

Laughing at inappropriate times has gotten me in trouble a few times with the mrs but it can't be helped!! 

#23 shall_i_cut

shall_i_cut

Touch me if you dare

• 456 posts
  • Phone: O+ 8.91

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:55

I see where you're coming from, but you can't help what you find funny. 

My friend a few years ago swung off a branch up a tree about 2 metres up in the air on a rope swing that we had built ourselves (yeah yeah, you know what's coming...) and the seat just unravelled from the rope at the bottom and he fell ass first onto the floor (it was like he'd just jumped ass first off the branch without a swing at all). He was in agony and actually got up, held his ass with both hands and ran forward before collapsing in a heap on the floor. 

I was concerned for him but at the same time I was laughing my head off at what I'd just witnessed, and was still laughing as I called an ambulance and directed them to where we were. He ended up just having a bruised tailbone. 

Laughing at inappropriate times has gotten me in trouble a few times with the mrs but it can't be helped!! 

Agreed. OP is being too serious about things. He should really learn to have fun  :jump:

#24 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,318 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57

The thing is, our intellectual capacity should be increasing by generation, not decreasing, are we, not educating our kids as well as our parents educated us, is it the schools, the gov, the corps, the north koreans, Is it affecting us as individuals, Can we do anything as individuals, we are both divided and ruled, Should we bother to educate those who willl care for us when we're old...

We pass it on to the next generation,

It's the technological era. The importance of learning could be seen as diminished when everything you need to know is a quick web search away. I personally don't think we should put so much reliance on technology. 

#25 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,993 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 19:57

I think we've also worn away our attention spans. I die a little inside every time I see someone complain that something is too long to read.

#26 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,037 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 27 December 2013 - 20:22

I think we've also worn away our attention spans. I die a little inside every time I see someone complain that something is too long to read.

P0GPM.gif

#27 Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't sugarcoat it because you'll probably eat that too

• 5,244 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 22:05

P0GPM.gif

:D

#28 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 22:10

I LOVE watching fail videos on youtube.

#29 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 4,565 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 22:24

people LOVE to watch how others' ridicules themselves and stupid/sex do sell, by a lot.