Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firefox Bookmarks Sync

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

On my personal laptop I configured Firefox Sync a while ago. I tried to do the same on my work laptop but guess what... Firefox was asking for all kinds of information (e.g. Pairing devices, decrypting key, etc...) I don't recall Firefox being this complicated but now it's just ridiciously redundant for us regular users.

Now I have to generate a new key, memorize it, enter it again on my home laptop and do the same for all my devices (e.g. iPad, iPhone, etc...). I can see the gains in terms of privacy and security but frankly... bit too redundant.

Is there a private bookmarking website/service that is well integrated with Firefox? And needs only the username/password to sync?

Posted

I use xmarks. It works well enough. It can even sync between other browsers.

https://www.xmarks.com/

However I think you will have to pay a minor fee to get the mobile version. It's something like $1 a month.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eh it's just 9 characters if I recall per device, and it only needs to be done once.   Set it and forget it, after that there's zero effort involved and it syncs everything, not just the bookmarks, no cost involved.  I use LastPass to generate passwords, no way in hell I'm going to try and type those out on a phone's keyboard lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I ended up updating my Recovery Key in all my devices, lol. Seemed easier than experimenting with something new... I wonder why people charge $$ for the mobile bookmarks o.O!