Hi, I have had a friend give me very scant details on an issue they are having. Let me break it down:
* They are using MS Office
* Saving files to hard drive, sometimes they save fine sometimes they cannot reopen them with Word saying they are corrupted.
* This occurs in all other MS Office filetypes
* It also occurs when saving to a number of USB memory sticks
* Files are fine if they are sent as attachments
What I've not been able to ascertain (as I am not at PC):
* Is it only Office filetypes
Now, I know it's a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, but I'm not going to be paid for this work, so I have glibly said "Backup, wipe, reinstall" and left it at that. But I'm actually kinda curious - any ideas?
They are running AVG which has been recently updated, so I don't believe it to be virus related.