• Mac OS X 10.8 'Mountain Lion'
    • Mac OS X 10.9 'Mavericks'
    • A Mac OS X version older than 10.5
    • SteamOS
    • Arch Linux
    • Ubuntu
    • Fedora
    • Debian
    • Other Linux distribution (specify below)
    • Other operating system (specify below)

Windows 8.1 due to my unofficial, yet seemingly true personal policy of wanting the latest version of everything I can get my hands on despite whether it's better or not.

Windows 8.1 only because I got it for free through my school. I am currently running Chakra Linux on my secondary workstation. Haven't had one issue with it yet. It is very polished and very easy to use. :) I'm also running OS X Mavericks on my 2013 MacBook Air.

• 1 month later...

I have 3 desktops, one running OSX Mavericks 10.9.2, one with Windows 8.1 Pro (for work) and one running WIndows 7 Home Premium (for gaming)

Sticking with Windows 7. Like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." And for me, at least, Windows 7 ain't broke. :) 

• Like 1

Win 8.1 Pro

Currently, I'm running Windows 7. Mainly due to Linux not working pretty well with dual GPU systems. I'm upgrading my GTX 580 tomorrow to a 680 just so I can drive three screens on a single card. Depending on how this works I am planning to move my Desktop to Linux (Arch) and run Windows in a VM for Visual Studio.

Currently I'm running Windows 8 Pro Media Center x64 but I am planning on upgrading to 8.1 soon.

Windows 7. It's on my work desktop, my home desktop, and my home laptop. And that's not going to change.

There is a slight possibility of me getting one of the new Lenovo y50's when it finally comes out which will be a Windows 8 machine, but it all depends on the reviews.

I'm currently running Windows 8.0 with Stardock's Start8 and ModernMix. The last two programs are an integral part of the OS, so I feel I should mention them.

I ran 8.1 for two months but I did not like it, so now I'm back to 8.0. Perhaps 8.1.1 will be enough to tempt me to "upgrade" again.

I really disliked being forced to sign on to Microsoft with 8.1. I also found it conflicted with some of the desktop programs I ran, and it seemed a little flaky (actually flickering) with my video card. And it seemed slightly slower.

• 10 months later...

Win 8.1 for the time being. will weigh my options on Windows 10. see what becomes of the OS and let them get the kinks out. or probably will converse with Toshiba about an upgrade option for this laptop. probably the best option due to driver needs

I'm currently running Windows 8.0 with Stardock's Start8 and ModernMix. The last two programs are an integral part of the OS, so I feel I should mention them.

I ran 8.1 for two months but I did not like it, so now I'm back to 8.0. Perhaps 8.1.1 will be enough to tempt me to "upgrade" again.

I really disliked being forced to sign on to Microsoft with 8.1. I also found it conflicted with some of the desktop programs I ran, and it seemed a little flaky (actually flickering) with my video card. And it seemed slightly slower.

probably a driver issue. I've had no issues with Win 8.1.