Photo

Your main desktop operating system for 2014 is:

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Your main desktop operating system for 2014 is:

Your main desktop operating system in 2014 is:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• 3,551 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 19:14

Arch Linux with XFCE window manager.

#92 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,901 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 03 March 2014 - 19:14

Windows 7. It's on my work desktop, my home desktop, and my home laptop. And that's not going to change.

There is a slight possibility of me getting one of the new Lenovo y50's when it finally comes out which will be a Windows 8 machine, but it all depends on the reviews.

#93 grapeman

grapeman

Neowinian

• 12 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 03 March 2014 - 19:19

I'm currently running Windows 8.0 with Stardock's Start8 and ModernMix. The last two programs are an integral part of the OS, so I feel I should mention them.

I ran 8.1 for two months but I did not like it, so now I'm back to 8.0. Perhaps 8.1.1 will be enough to tempt me to "upgrade" again.

I really disliked being forced to sign on to Microsoft with 8.1. I also found it conflicted with some of the desktop programs I ran, and it seemed a little flaky (actually flickering) with my video card. And it seemed slightly slower.

#94 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 5,298 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 23:53

Win 8.1 for the time being. will weigh my options on Windows 10. see what becomes of the OS and let them get the kinks out. or probably will converse with Toshiba about an upgrade option for this laptop. probably the best option due to driver needs

I'm currently running Windows 8.0 with Stardock's Start8 and ModernMix. The last two programs are an integral part of the OS, so I feel I should mention them.

I ran 8.1 for two months but I did not like it, so now I'm back to 8.0. Perhaps 8.1.1 will be enough to tempt me to "upgrade" again.

I really disliked being forced to sign on to Microsoft with 8.1. I also found it conflicted with some of the desktop programs I ran, and it seemed a little flaky (actually flickering) with my video card. And it seemed slightly slower.

probably a driver issue. I've had no issues with Win 8.1.