2. 2. Your main tablet OS for 2014 is:

• Android
    • Blackberry OS
    • iOS
    • Windows 8.1
    • Windows RT
    • Other (specify below)
    • I don't want/need a tablet.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Phone - Android KitKat

Tablet - Windows 8.1

While I do like Android on the phone, I was never happy with it on the larger screen.

Posted

Android on my Xperia mobile ... am still thinking about which tablet to get but will probably be android.

Pity there arent many tablets around now with fm radio ... kind of enjoy that in my phone ...

But you can download fm radio apps from play store..... those not any good?

Posted

Phone: Android 4.4.2 KK on Vibrant, Android 4.3.1 & Windows Phone 7.8 dual boot on HD2

Posted

But you can download fm radio apps from play store..... those not any good?

Not if you're trying to conserve data, or don't have a data plan.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not if you're trying to conserve data, or don't have a data plan.

is an average of about 5 meg really that big?

I am curious, as some games I have topped 300 meg in download size..

(I'm only asking as if one has an amazon music account (or iTunes) a couple on mp3's can overtake that in no time)

Posted

Had a Lumia 800 - hated it. Using an iPhone 5 now - love it - due for upgrade in 7-8 months and I doubt I'll be getting another WP device unless Microsoft pulls something ground breaking with WP 8.1. Got a Lenovo X1 ultrabook - no tablet but if I was to buy one it will likely be an iPad. I tried to like Surface but I just hate the whole full screen and hiding all chrome idiocy. I'm hearing they might be bringing the start menu and windowed Metro apps - that might change my opinion but for now I hate my wife's Surface tablet - she doesn't do much else than browse the web so for her it's fine. But she literally doesn't use anything but the web browser - refuses to use the pathetic excuse of a mail app that it has and although the Facebook apps is decent, still the website is more functional (pretty much like all Metro apps)...

Posted

is an average of about 5 meg really that big?

I am curious, as some games I have topped 300 meg in download size..

(I'm only asking as if one has an amazon music account (or iTunes) a couple on mp3's can overtake that in no time)

No, I'm not talking about downloading the app. You can do that while on wifi. I'm talking about when you use it.

Unless your tablet has FM radio hardware in it, you'll be stuck streaming radio using your data connection.

Posted

iOS on both. Same reason for why people would use Android on both devices (and sometime down the line, Windows and Windows Phone when they converge) - it's just convenient to have the same apps carry over on phone and tablet. Plus can't beat the app ecosystem which quite frankly is one of the only distinct pillars to choose iOS over everything else.

Posted

No, I'm not talking about downloading the app. You can do that while on wifi. I'm talking about when you use it.

Unless your tablet has FM radio hardware in it, you'll be stuck streaming radio using your data connection.

Sorry, misunderstood (got caught up on app size and not whether the device had the fm receiver built in)

Posted

I have a Lumia 620. I picked it up after I broke my Nexus 4 (I loved the Nexus but the screen cracked from a 1 foot drop!) and needed a smart-ish phone asap but couldn't justify spending

Posted

I changed from an iPhone 3GS to a Nexus 4 a couple of months ago.  I liked iOS5, but I'm really digging Android 4.4, so I'll likely stay with Android phones for a while.  Windows phones do interest me, but a couple of apps I use regularly aren't available AFAIK.

Posted

Primary Phone:
BlackBerry Z10 running OS 10.2.1

Backup Phone:

Pre3 running webOS 2.2.4

Tablet:

HP TouchPad Go (7") running webOS 3.0.5 w/LunaCE and ACL

Posted

Windows Phone 8/8.1 - This will hold up unless somebody else comes along with something stellar. iOS and Android are cut from the same cloth essentially and the whole icon grid thing kinda unnerves me. Also, I kinda chuckled at a comment a few pages back on how iPhone was more customizable than WP. I guess if adding a picture to your homescreen goes as more customizable, then so it is. 

Currently have a Surface Pro and will be looking into version #3 with hopefully some nice advancements (thinner, better stylus storage, further increases in battery life, more speed, more power, etc.)