Your main desktop web browser for 2014 is:

Chrome Beta. As a web developer you need to be on the newest versions in general, especially for Chrome, but dev got too unstable for me the last months so I recently switched over to beta.

And besides that I have almost every other browser installed. The old Safari for Windows, Opera, Firefox (Aurora and UX builds), ...

Firefox, for me it's still the best compromise between features, stability and performance, never mind the best addons hands down.  Use it on my desktops and Windows and Android based tablets, sync's nicely.  Currently on the beta channel.  Never had a need for a "backup browser", unless you're a web developer if you need more than one browser, one of your browsers isn't doing its job.

Personal preference mostly.. for me Chrome's engine is nice but the interface is just plain awful in my opinion, never ceases to annoy or frustrate with its lack of flexibility.  The addons aren't usually as flexible either, although there are exceptions.  ABP for example, no comparison between Firefox's and Chrome's, lots of things missing.  Also running about 20 or so other addons.. some are tweaks, some are convenience.

What kind of "visual enhancements" are you running? I think the default Firefox looks worse to me than Chromes.. Would love to see what kind of options/addons some are using.. 

Reason I am asking is I am thinking about using firefox myself just for something different. See if I can use it more than Chrome

For those of you using Firefox are you using anything special with it? I mean I use Chrome and I have Adblock installed and thats it... 

How about this?

jnYlx0F.png

My addon count is 55 (not counting the disabled ones). Some - in fact, most - people view it either as tell signs of a madman or a slight against their respective god :laugh:

From this screenshot one can see GlassMyFox (with some hand-coded stuff - the transparent parts are all Aero, of course), old Stratiform (which still has IE option), Simple Mail, QuickJava, Zoom Page, MinTrayR, Firebug (with all the bells and whistles), LocationBar2, Status-4-Ever, Extended Statusbar, SPDY indicator, Empty Cache Button and Ghostery.

All menus have been reduced to options I use with Menu Editor and Personal Menu.

And then there's IETab2 for some rare incompatible pages or when paranoid tools fail to unblock some stuff.

Behind the scenes there's a lot more personal preference stuff, the most prominent being Tile Tabs, which often helps me immensely, because I don't have multiple monitors, and FEBE, for obvious reasons.

It's also quite slow, of course, but not unbearably so.

What kind of "visual enhancements" are you running? I think the default Firefox looks worse to me than Chromes.. Would love to see what kind of options/addons some are using.. 

Reason I am asking is I am thinking about using firefox myself just for something different. See if I can use it more than Chrome

Don't really use any visual addons myself aside from a font rendering tuner, they're all functionality or tweak oriented. When I mentioned Chrome's interface I meant it's severe "rigidness", can't add much to it, can't adjust how it works, etc.  Just for example look at ABP's "open blockable items" option or the various other menus, dialogs etc that you can add.   Like I said I like the engine itself, if they put Chrome's rendering engine with Firefox's addons and interface I'd be all over that.

Been bouncing back and froth between Chrome and Firefox. Right now, Firefox is my plan. 

same, i use the beta of each and can't decide which i like more

(the new nightly version of firefox is looking nice tho!)

FF stable. I'd use Chrome if there were a way to make the tabs squared like FF. Anyone know of a way?

Why does it matter?

I was a die-hard FF user until I gave Chrome a try. Much faster start-up and it seems to lock-up a lot less. I keep FF installed but rarely use it.

Yay!

I'm the lone vote for Seamonkey!!

Have IE9 and Seamonkey on all Windows computers and I picked Seamonkey here just to be different. I love being different ;)

Never have liked IE10 and 11 seems to break to many sites!