msnbc mitt romney racism political bias hypocracy melissa harris-perry

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,450 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:29

MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry concluded the “What’s So Funny About 2013?” segment of her Sunday show with a chorus of laughter at the black grandson pictured in former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s family Christmas photo. The chuckles were directed at baby Kieran – who was adopted by Romney’s son Ben and his wife Andelynne in September.

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-023826137.html

The left's race-baiting has reached a fever pitch by Melissa Harris-Perry by simplifying the incredibility complex race relations in America to "republicans = racist". The truth is far more complex than it looks on the surface... but why bother with complexity and nuance when you can let an MSNBC sound bite do all the thinking for you.

#2 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,794 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 16:39

Most MSNBC hosts were BORN with their brains short circuited.

#3 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,895 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 18:01

Video gone :(

#4 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,253 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 18:04

Most MSNBC hosts were BORN with their brains short circuited.

Most of news networks were born with their brains short circuited.

#5 webdev511

webdev511

Neowinian

• 227 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 18:06

And she's already figured out she went off the rails and apologized.

"I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family. I work by guiding principle that those who offend do not have the right to tell those they hurt that they [are] wrong for hurting. Therefore, while I meant no offense, I want to immediately apologize to the Romney family for hurting them. As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise. I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices."

#6 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,948 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:20

this will have more bashfest if that were to happens during foxnews ...

#7 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 14:39

this will have more bashfest if that were to happens during foxnews ...

Exactly, but it happened to a news channel that is known to cater to the liberal side of politics so this issue is no big deal to them. If it happened over at Fox News, you'd have so many people screaming racist and all kinds of crap over something like this. But yep everyone is quiet.

#8 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,154 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 14:49

"I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family. I work by guiding principle that those who offend do not have the right to tell those they hurt that they [are] wrong for hurting. Therefore, while I meant no offense, I want to immediately apologize to the Romney family for hurting them. As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise. I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices." 

While I am not going to weigh in on the topic, that is a very well written apology.  No excuse, just an apology!

#9 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,794 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 16:40

Like Bashir, she should go. Fact is, if MSNBC's ratings are to become half way reasonable they should reconsider their whole format.

#10 wakjak

wakjak

Neowinian

• 217 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:44

And right wingers froth at the mouth at the thought of someone on the left doing something stupid, As if a right winger has never done anything stupid.

#11 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,794 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:10

It doesn'teven have much to do with left or right. Their shows suck and their ratings show it. Read any industry magazine or site.

#12 kurupy

kurupy

Neowinian

• 199 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X (Slimbean 4.3)

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:46

Is this the video that was posted above before it was removed?

http://youtu.be/czMoPk9trqg

Edit - no idea why it's not embedding and just showing the link.

#13 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,794 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:56

When that happens I use the [video] tags around it.

#14 wakjak

wakjak

Neowinian

• 217 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 16:44

After having watched the video of said "controversy", I believe this story has been blown up for no reason at all. Just some butthurt right wingers

#15 xpablo

xpablo

XPablo

• 2,917 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:35

Romney has been out of politics for almost a year, so why are the idiots at Moron Super Network Broadcasting Company (MSNBC).still living in the past?

Why not talk about something positive like Obamacare. I mean their savior Barrack Obama won the election, so why not focus on all the good things he's going to do for America.  :shiftyninja: