What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

If you have recently watched a movie post it here with a little tidbit of what you thought and a rating whether it be out of /5 or /10 :)

Please use spoiler tags for "recently" released movies (5 years since the release date is a good cut-off)  or just avoid spoilers all together. D.S.

hausu.jpg

Hausu, or House.

I don't think there are any words to describe it. Ridiculous from start to finish, but in one of those "so bad it was good" sort of ways. 4/10

Suspiria.jpg

Suspiria

You don't need drugs to be feel like you're on a psychadelic trip with this film. Crazy colours, bizarre soundtrack by Goblin, and some hilarious acting in places. You can take it more seriously than Hausu, but you're still going to have to put up with some silly moments. 6/10

elysiumposter.jpg

Alot better than id anticipated from a few negative reviews from friends, I enjoyed it i thought visually it was amazing and a pretty good concept too - Still not 100% that Matt Damon was the right guy for the role but he was alright.. Another amazing performance by Sharlto Copley! Always a fan of Blomkamp I love his style of shooting!

8/10

• Like 3

Well I did a little movie marathon on sunday. I watched 4 movies.

Shutter Island : Pretty good, didn't end how I expected so thats always a plus. Got the bluray for 5$.

The Amazing Spider-Man : Again, pretty good. I liked that spidey had a bit of an attitude! Plus it has Emma Stone in it!

Total Recall (2012 remake) : I prefer the original because it a classic, but as a remake, this actually turned out pretty good.

Horrible Bosses : I was expecting it to be way funnier. It was good and funny, but people made it out to be way funnier, but it was worth the 3$ I paid for the DVD.

The Croods, and i can honestly say i fast forwarded through a lot of it as i thought the movie was VERY boring.

• Like 2

Mud (2012)

7?/10

Really great coming-of-age movie. I'm not a fan of Matthew McConaughey but he was great in this movie. Highly recommended. My only complain is the movie was a little bit too long and slow.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

6?/10

I could barely recognize the book. Technically great but there's really not enough material in the small book that is The Hobbit for 3 movies.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

6?/10

I could barely recognize the book. Technically great but there's really not enough material in the small book that is The Hobbit for 3 movies.

The joy of Hollywood. Although from my understanding, the extra parts are from the appendicies, so it's still within Middle Earth's lore. Speaking of, did you see Stephen Colbert's cameo with his wife? My friend and I shouted when we saw him. :laugh:

I enjoyed Gravity 3D one more time in the cinema before it goes. Easily 10/10, best film ever, or nearly. :D

I need an opinion on this. Would it be the same film without the 3D, or is the 3D crucial to the watching experience? I've yet to watch the film, but I detest 3D. Hopefully it has almost the same effect in 2D.

I need an opinion on this. Would it be the same film without the 3D, or is the 3D crucial to the watching experience? I've yet to watch the film, but I detest 3D. Hopefully it has almost the same effect in 2D.

I thought it was the best most sensible use of 3D I ever have seen and I go see lots of 3D movies. I'd say you'd want to see it in 3D on the big screen, biggest possible. It's totally engrossing and disorientating and incredible. :)

Suspiria.jpg

Suspiria

You don't need drugs to be feel like you're on a psychadelic trip with this film. Crazy colours, bizarre soundtrack by Goblin, and some hilarious acting in places. You can take it more seriously than Hausu, but you're still going to have to put up with some silly moments. 6/10

Classic.

See "Tenebre" too.

post-69836-0-53033200-1388579217.jpg

More plot-holes than in a slice of Swiss gruyere, combat scenes showing some Kill Bill influence (Hey, it's Japan: let's put some Ninjas, yakuzas and Goth-Lolis doing backflips with sabers), there are some Wow moments but this is really too predictable

3.5/10

post-4583-0-16514700-1388595583.jpg

8/10, great cinematography/music but plot was a little thin. Still enjoyable tho (Y)

post-4583-0-95215800-1388595633.jpg

9/10, a great/sexy selection of cars (dat F-TYPE exhaust popping :drool: ) reviewed in breathtaking locations. Would have got 10/10 but Captain Slow was absent :p

Watched Rush earlier today, and I have to say it was brilliant and definitely the best film I've seen in 2014! :rofl:

9/10

A few days ago I also watch 47 Ronin, went into the cinema with low expectations after some reviews I read. Turned out to be better than I expected, although the end seemed a bit rushed to me. I enjoyed it though

6/10