Mysterious Crop Circle Spotted in California

Crop circle spotted in CaliforniaIs it the work of aliens or practical jokers? An unusual creation has popped up on a farm just south of the Bay Area.

crop1-jpg.jpg

A giant crop circle has appeared on Chualar farm in Salinas, Calif.

Aerial photographer Julie Belanger spotted the crop circle as she was flying over the valley Monday morning.

Belanger took the photo you see here as well as this raw video.

"It was beautiful. Quite beautiful," Belanger told NBC affiliate KSBW. "I believe it's possible that aliens exist, but I don't know if they would bother making a crop circle to give us a message."

It?s more likely that it?s all part of publicity stunt. According to MontereyHerald.com, guards from a South Bay security company were on hand Monday morning on behalf of their client, whose identity they could not reveal.

source & video

People still write about crop circles when they know how they're made ?

Yes. That is the deal with beliefs. Even if you demonstrate they are BS people will insist on believing & defending them.

This is obviously version 300 (or whatever number they're up to now) of the QR code.

• Like 2

An elaborate crop circle sculpted into a farm two hours south of San Francisco is no more, having been mowed down to the dismay of hundreds who flocked to glimpse the unexplained site.

On Tuesday afternoon, the intricate design etched into a field of barley was plowed back into the earth.

What's the message that was carved into Anthony's 2,000-acre farm outside the tiny town of Chualar?

Falanga -- who called KSBW after seeing a picture -- described it as a "very detailed" depiction of the number 192 written over and over in Braille and in such a way to orient the top and bottom of the circle.

What to make of that repeated number (if that's what it is) is another mystery. Falanga said some speculate it is related to the number 192 found in Internet Protocol, or IP, addresses (a fact familiar to many in nearby Silicon Valley). Or it could have something to do with the radioisotope iridium, which has 192 in its symbol.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/01/us/california-crop-circle-gone/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Assuming he wasn't in on it, I imagine the farmer who owns that field was pretty pi**ed off at the damage to his crops. Would have cost him a fair amount of money.

• Like 2

Crop circles? Why don't you buy something! 

Anyone know what that quote is from?

Assuming he wasn't in on it, I imagine the farmer who owns that field was pretty pi**ed off at the damage to his crops. Would have cost him a fair amount of money.

Agreed. That's a lot of potential beer that they've ruined, so that makes me pretty angry too!  :angry:

No. Nvidia is part of the conspiracy to conceal aliens who are trying to communicate with us.

Kinda makes sense, NVidia drivers crapping out systems using win 8+ the nsa hacks are incompatible with the alien spy hacks prebuilt into win 7 NVidia machines...

I never saw it coming :P