Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apple denies NSA iPhone backdoor

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Apple has denied collaborating with the NSA to add a snooping backdoor to the iPhone, insisting that despite allegations that the DROPOUTJEEP program could access large swathes of iPhone content without the user realizing, it is unaware of any

kmnskt3.jpg

such exploit. New leaks from NSA documents acquired by whistleblower Edward Snowden led to claims earlier this week that the

denies either facilitating or, indeed, knowing was in operation.NSA had a tool that could access data like text messages, location, and more with

Posted

Well it's not like they're going to come out and say "Of course they can do it" ...

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol, of course they deny it. The iPhone is so full of back doors it isn't funny. At least with android and windows phones you can pop the battery out so they can't hijack your camera or microphone

Posted

Lol, of course they deny it. The iPhone is so full of back doors it isn't funny. At least with android and windows phones you can pop the battery out so they can't hijack your camera or microphone

Based on some of the stuff coming out this week, taking your battery may well solve nothing. If they were injection moulding RF transmitters into cases years ago you can bet they can slip something inside your battery or phone case by now. 

Posted

What do you mean it's "...full of back doors..."?

I have no idea about this, please can you elaborate?

Posted

What do you mean it's "...full of back doors..."?

I have no idea about this, please can you elaborate?

To my knowledge, I don't think there's anything on the phone that isn't accessible to the immediate authorities. I know that the camera, microphone, and GPS data can be grabbed at ease.