I use 8.1 in my HTPC, and first noticed this when a few of my scheduled recording failed to record after the computer went to sleep. I've since tried to create my own custom tasks and cannot get anything to successfully wake the computer (other than direct input from mouse etc). This use to work just fine on the same hardware when I had Windows 7. I've tried everything to fix it and am wondering if it could be a fundamental hardware incompatibility?
AMD Athlon II X3 Rana 455
Corsair CX430 430W PSU
I have gone into power options and made sure wake timers are enabled. On my scheduled task, I have it set to wake the computer. The task will run just fine if the computer is not asleep. Some of the troubleshooting I've tried so far:
- Changed the sleep state in the BIOS from S3 to S1 ( my only 2 options)
- On S3, tried with hybrid sleep enabled/disabled
- Updated BIOS to latest version
- Updated AMD 880G chipset to latest drivers
- Tried with SATA in both AHCI mode and Native IDE
- Downloaded MCE Standby Tool, which I saw helped a lot of other people. No change
- My windows account DOES use a password
- Set it to not require password when resuming from sleep
Only other thing I've found is that enabling HPET in the BIOS can help, but I see no options for this on my model. Is it possible that having a scheduled task wake the computer just isn't compatible with Windows 8 on my setup?