SSD not detected anymore

My very first SSD was Vertex 1(Indilinx) and 2(sandforce) Both died on me :( Off late I have decided to go for Intel One's, Intel are a little expensive compared to Vertex but that's worth it. Even my 520 is sandforce based, As far as my research & experience goes, OCZ had problems irrespective of the controller. what you are referring to could be some undisclosed SF compatibility issues with the hardware manufacturers.

My very first SSD was Vertex 1(Indilinx) and 2(sandforce) Both died on me :( Off late I have decided to go for Intel One's, Intel are a little expensive compared to Vertex but that's worth it. Even my 520 is sandforce based, As far as my research & experience goes, OCZ had problems irrespective of the controller. what you are referring to could be some undisclosed SF compatibility issues with the hardware manufacturers.

I had the following issue with my 520 at work (hasn't happened in a few months though): https://communities.intel.com/message/202676. The 520 in my workstation at home has never had an issue though. Just pointing you to this as an FYI. Whether or not the cause is a fault controller, just bad drives, hardware incompatibilities, or bad firmware -- who knows. Just keep an eye out if you see the same behavior. I'm not convinced it is a prevalent issue.