Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 +Veggie1232

Veggie1232

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:43

Posting here since the problem was the result of a program installed on my windows 7 computer.

I downloaded some iffy software.. I checked no on all the boxes for tool bars, home pages, etc.. But after I opened the file it deleted all my chrome extensions and reset my home page anyways... I immediately did a system restore since the software was so "rude" I then got onto chrome and my home page was still set to yahoo or something.. So i changed it back and re-installed my extensions..

So my home page is NOT set to yahoo.. If i hit my home button it takes me to my personal website.. BUT if i open chrome from my desktop or task bar.. It automatically takes me to the yahoo page instead of my home page.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I am running a Microsoft Security Essentials scan now but doesn't seem to be bothered by anything so far. 

Best Answer +Veggie1232 , 02 January 2014 - 18:04

Hmm.. Nothing seemed to work.. Even when i click on the source chrome file it still opened up yahoo.. I just uninstalled and re-installed chrome. That seemed to solve the problem. Just have to re-install my extensions again. -_- smh

My virus scan did find a trojan that wasn't related to my issue though. Man i need to be more careful xD

Thanks for the help! 

Go to the full post

#2 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:46

Delete the shortcut / unpin and make new ones. Sometimes the home page address is in the shortcut. I saw this with some IE shortcuts one time.

#3 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 830

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:56

Run a Malwarebytes scan.

#4 zhangm

zhangm

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 02 January 2014 - 17:58

Topic title edited to provide a better description of the issue.

#5 OP +Veggie1232

Veggie1232

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 January 2014 - 18:04   Best Answer

Hmm.. Nothing seemed to work.. Even when i click on the source chrome file it still opened up yahoo.. I just uninstalled and re-installed chrome. That seemed to solve the problem. Just have to re-install my extensions again. -_- smh

My virus scan did find a trojan that wasn't related to my issue though. Man i need to be more careful xD

Thanks for the help! 

#6 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 02 January 2014 - 19:40

Thanks for the help! 

I'd recommend synchronizing extensions in the future to make that task more bearable