Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting Help

Question

I am working on a spreadsheet and want to use conditional formatting. I want to use a green, yellow, red color scale, so I am selecting the more rules option under the color scale and changing it to a three color scale. That option actually does the opposite, and starts with red first. The rule type I am using is to format all cells based on their values. I'm guessing that I then want to change the type option to number, as shown in the screenshot.

What I want to do is have the cell be green if the value is less than or equal to 129. If it's 130-149, I want the cell to be yellow. If it's more than 150, I want to be red. I'm not sure of the formulas to create in order to accomplish this.

post-155136-0-80855900-1388705841.jpg

2 answers to this question

I'm no Excel guru, but I would just use 3 separate rules as shown below:

TSlGX9B.png

f0rGJnd.png

The reason I used a "2-Color Scale" for 0-129 is because if I do it the same as the other two, all blank cells default to green as well. If you're not applying this rule to cells that are empty, the rule can be changed to the same as the yellow rule except obviously you would change the values to from 0-129.

Again, there may be an easier way to do it, but this is how I would do it.

Edit: I'm also assuming you didn't want the colors to gradually change from green -> yellow -> red depending on their values, but rather wanted one solid color for each of those value ranges.

I was thinking that I needed to create formulas to accomplish what I was trying to do, but the three separate formatting rules seems to have worked.

Thanks.