Xbox One sales : 2.5m

208h4av.png

Source: http://www.vgchartz....This Generation

#2 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,128 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:26

This is getting tiring. The fact that they've both sold as much as they have in a month and a half should be applauded. They're both very successful and will both continue to be successful.

On second thought I'd have to question at least the X1 figure there as they were confirmed to have sold 2 million December 11th and I doubt sales slowed down enough to only sell 500k in the next few weeks after that.

I mean, according to the same vgcharts from the following article, the Xbox 1 sold 300k units the week before Xmas alone so the numbers don't really fit: http://www.forbes.co...ng-to-vgchartz/

#3 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,761 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:36

This is getting tiring. The fact that they've both sold as much as they have in a month and a half should be applauded. They're both very successful and will both continue to be successful.

On second thought I'd have to question at least the X1 figure there as they were confirmed to have sold 2 million December 11th and I doubt sales slowed down enough to only sell 500k in the next few weeks after that.

I mean, according to the same vgcharts from the following article, the Xbox 1 sold 300k units the week before Xmas alone so the numbers don't really fit: http://www.forbes.co...ng-to-vgchartz/

I think you just answered  your question... it's vgchartz.

#4 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,612 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:37

While the PS4 will be ahead, NPD, Chartrack, official sales PR releases, etc are the only respectable sources. Not VGChartz, regardless of how close they may ever be.

#5 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,128 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:45

I think you just answered  your question... it's vgchartz.

Well I didn't just want to say that :p

#6 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,444 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:52

You missed my point entirely and are the only one who looks silly here.

You believed this was a current sales update and specifically stated 

'...sold 2 million December 11th and I doubt sales slowed down enough to only sell 500k in the next few weeks after that.' (this update was a few days (Not weeks) after that announcement)

' ...the Xbox 1 sold 300k units the week before Xmas alone so the numbers don't really fit'  (This update was before Christmas)

Your point was to try disprove the sources integrity, but that didnt work out for you.. So no I didn't miss your attempt at trying to make a valid point.

#7 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

• 738 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:55

Why are there so many of these threads? I see one every week. 

#8 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,444 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:01

Why are there so many of these threads? I see one every week. 

Some people are interested in sales numbers I guess, other sites post it as news, people buy into stocks maybe and want to keep up to date on sales progress?

#9 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

• 738 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:02

Some people are interested in sales numbers I guess, other sites post it as news, people buy into stocks maybe and want to keep up to date on sales progress?

Why not just use one thread? 

#10 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian Senior

• 2,139 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:04

I doubt those numbers are correct, like stated above, there where sold 300k units the week before xmas and they where already on 2.000k in the begin of December. Beside, what's "Worldwide"? Xbox One is available in less countries than PS4. What happens as soon as it releases in the other European countries?

#11 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,444 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:07

Why not just use one thread? 

I didn't start these so I can only guess as to why, but new updates are usually made in new threads to put the new data on the first post.

I dont want to go through 5-10 pages of posts just to see the latest update on something like sales data.

#12 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

• 1,014 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:09

These numbers mean absolutely nothing until its got its worldwide release and is available on store shelves.

The Xbox one has been showing availble at futureshop.ca as well as all my local stores since 3 days ago... Thats not promising, all considered.

#13 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,444 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:11

I doubt those numbers are correct, like stated above, there where sold 300k units the week before xmas and they where already on 2.000k in the begin of December. Beside, what's "Worldwide"? Xbox One is available in less countries than PS4. What happens as soon as it releases in the other European countries?

Sales data posted above is from the 21st December 2013. Its only a few days since the 2mill mark was reached on the 11th December. (500k in ten days in the same original regions isn't too bad)

The European and Asian markets which are left have been predominantly PlayStation markets I don't see Xbox gaining much ground on those regions, but I guess only time will tell.

#14 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,128 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:55

There probably wouldn't be any questioning of the source if it showed the xbone in the lead too.

They shouldn't post stats from VGCharts in the first place.  Only people who want to be winning far too badly do that. Though I'm not sure what this line of conversation has to do with anything as its based purely in the hypothetical and doesn't end in polite discussion :rolleyes:

As I said earlier, both consoles should be considered a success at this point.  It's useless to keep saying one is X% ahead of the other because neither is seeing defeat.  It's good that this generation is off to such a great start.

#15 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 13:59

Apparently 40 odd million = 5 million in someone's world. That's an absolutely terrible graph.