Photo

Hold on ..... I gotta put the phone down.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,529 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:00

Am I the only one who for some reason, is annoyed when you tell a customer to type something and they say

"hold on.... I gotta put the phone down".

#2 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,796 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:06

I'm going to say you're the only one. Why would you get annoyed with something so little?

You're telling them to type something.

#3 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,351 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:08

Why is this annoying? I'm a pretty decent typer, but I still don't like typing with a phone in my ear (after all I need both hands to be really comfortable typing)...

I own a phone with a decent speaker phone for this reason, but still it only makes sense to me to put the phone down...

#4 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,529 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:10

But because they put the phone down it's like they gotta do it in chunks, because they keep putting the phone down to type.

#5 Unksi

Unksi

Neowinian

• 671 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:10

Why is this annoying? I'm a pretty decent typer, but I still don't like typing with a phone in my ear (after all I need both hands to be really comfortable typing)...

I own a phone with a decent speaker phone for this reason, but still it only makes sense to me to put the phone down...

I just tilt my head against the shoulder, no need to put down the phone or use the speaker phone... :)

#6 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,529 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:11

I just tilt my head against the shoulder, no need to put down the phone or use the speaker phone... :)

EXACTLY!!!!!

#7 brink668

brink668

Neowinian

• 339 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:13

But because they put the phone down it's like they gotta do it in chunks, because they keep putting the phone down to type.

If you don't like it.. then remote into their computer and type for them... problem solved!

#8 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,529 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:15

If you don't like it.. then remote into their computer and type for them... problem solved!

oh that's exactly what I do, it's when I give them the website to go to to get connected they say "Hold on.. I gotta put the phone down" ... then they get to the correct website and they need a support key, so I give them the support key and they say "Hold on .. I gotta put the phone down"

#9 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,130 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:19

that does not really annoy me but i get really annoyed when people call me for computer support and i tell them to do something for troubleshooting and they tell me they will have to call me back when they are not driving.

why did you call for support if you are driving down the road.

#10 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,529 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:20

that does not really annoy me but i get really annoyed when people call me for computer support and i tell them to do something for troubleshooting and they tell me they will have to call me back when they are not driving.

I get that ALLL the time.. SOOOOoooo annoying.

Or they tell you "Hold on, I gotta turn the computer on." Then then proceed to tell you how "this might take a while because their computer is slow" @#()*&U@@#)(*_@#

#11 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:21

Pretty much this.

Unless you have to type something of great length, there's not much excuse to put the phone down.

#12 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,422 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:23

I don't really know who your "customers" are but.... get a headset? I don't know many people in my office now who don't use a phone/Lync + headset now a days. I use my headset for music now too to block out most of the crap that goes on around me, keeps me in the zone  :shiftyninja:

#13 Symal Taneous

Symal Taneous

Neowinian

• 385 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7

Posted 03 January 2014 - 17:28

I used to get that all the time, it's soo annoying, or they're calling in for an issue with their services (internet, home phone, etc) at home, but they're calling from work, and they refuse to call back from home to do the proper troubleshooting saying they "don't have time for that".

#14 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:15

I put the phone down to  *click*....

I normally put them on mute and curse them a little.

#15 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:33

i can type with one hand. I just did.