older ver. of Nexus5

you know how google has stocked with revised Nexus5? 

so for people who have purchased the previous N5, can ours get replaced as well?

so for people who have purchased the previous N5, can ours get replaced as well?

Dont think you are going to get a free replacement.  From what I read, the  changes are just design wise.   Changes with the SIM tray and the size of the speaker holes....sturdier buttons.  Nothing to prevent a person from using the device.  More minor annoyances really.

I have the new version as a replacement for an old one which broke and if it wasn't for the articles online I could not tell the difference, yes the speaker holes are bigger but only just and you have to look really hard to notice the difference.

Deja vu.....

No. Google didn't do this for Nexus 4 and certainly won't do it for Nexus 5.

It's actually not a newer version. Sure, it's different but that's mainly due to differences in manufacturing standards. Some places manufactured parts with smaller speaker/microphone holes. The thing you have to look out for is hardware faults. Something like poor speakerphone performance or a microphone that captures audio with a hissing sound. I know this because I've researched it extensively online. My Nexus 5 has a 312K serial number because it was manufactured in December 2013 and it doesn't have the larger speaker/microphone holes. A device manufactured in October and November will have a 310K and 311K serial number, respectively.

If your Nexus 5 is functioning properly without any manufacturing defects, then there's absolutely no need to return it unless you want your money back.

EDIT: See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2597276

It all boils down to different manufacturing tolerances. Most places won't scrap a perfectly good case just because the speaker holes are a little bigger. It's fine as long as it isn't too big.