141 replies to this topic

#1 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 24,223 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:22

Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia

Former Smiths singer says there is no difference between believing in the abattoir and supporting Auschwitz

Eating meat is not murder, it's much worse than that, according to the celebrated miserablist and former Smiths singer Morrissey.

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia," he said. "They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away."

While devout Morrissey fans may regard his every word as divine writ – including his recent monumental autobiography which he insisted on being published in the Penguin Classics series – he pushed them to the limit in his latest utterances.

"Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you: 'Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life,' well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers," he said.

The insights were shared in a Q&A session on his fan website, True to You. Asked about his proudest achievement, he said it was persuading many people to stop eating meat. "If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference."

But he wasn't done: "If Jamie 'Orrible is so certain that flesh-food is tasty then why doesn't he stick one of his children in a microwave?" he asked. And of Cilla Black preparing a leg of lamb recently on television: "Since a lamb is a baby, I wondered what kind of mind Cilla Black could possibly have that would convince her that eating a baby is OK?"

His argument failed to convince some. "This isn't in any way intended to cause offence to you or any other Morrissey enthusiasts, but he really does need a good shoeing sometimes," Dan Layton commented on the Gigwise website, one of many which took up the subject.

Morrissey also threatened to "slip into permanent unconsciousness" if any journalist ever asked him again about the Smiths.

Mark Fairley suggested: "The sooner someone asks him about the Smiths, the better …"

Source: The Guardian

#2 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:24

Please please please let me stay in the public eye (while I deny I want to be in the public eye)

#3 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:29

I think I may pursue a career as a journalist just so I can ask this doofus about The Smiths.

#4 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,209 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:35

there is literally that time where you feel your head wanting to explode with "what the?"s building up so much that it can't hold it in... that time is now.....

#5 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,938 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:42

Eating meat is perfectly normal and widely accepted by society; paedophilia is not.

#6 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 9,263 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:46

Eating meat is perfectly normal and widely accepted by society; paedophilia is not.

theeyarecomingforyou - Morrissey sounds like a militant vegan; if they had their way, eating meat would be banned.

Fanaticism - on any issue - pretty much ALWAYS sounds silly; the problem is that it is not often recognized as silly-sounding.

#7 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 816 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:49

I'm so gonna rape that cow ...wait what? mmmmm burgers

#8 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:51

I find it offensive how he trivialities major issues to further his agenda.  Always thought he was a ****!

Wow, is ###### swearing?  I never knew!

Edited by Nik L, 03 January 2014 - 21:52.

#9 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,364 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 21:59

so wait, he's saying paedophilia is ok?

#10 Ian W

Ian W

Neowinian Werewolf

• 1,556 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 22:04

"Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia."

How can one believe that they're one and the same? There are no similarities between the two.

#11 McKay

McKay

Worth the weight

• 6,027 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 6

Posted 03 January 2014 - 22:13

Ahahahahahahaha. I love it when douchebags like this try to use as many shock buzzwords as they can to get views or reactions.

In my opinion. It makes them look like idiots when they say one thing is another, when in reality they mean "Is as bad as the other".

Someone needs to throw a dictionary with the definitions for "rape" and "murder" highlighted, a very heavy dictionary, at his face.

#12 Ned

Ned

• 1,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 22:27

I....I don't want to eat anything prepared by him.

#13 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,171 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 22:28

Did you know Paedophilia is also like philadelphia :D ....  sorta spelled the same anyway.

#14 OP +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 24,223 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 03 January 2014 - 22:29

Did you know Paedophilia is also like philadelphia :D .... spelled sorta the same anyway.

Come on, that was bad even by your standards. facepalm.gif

#15 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,171 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 23:41

Come on, that was bad even by your standards. attachicon.giffacepalm.gif

I have standards?