Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia

Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia

Former Smiths singer says there is no difference between believing in the abattoir and supporting Auschwitz

Eating meat is not murder, it's much worse than that, according to the celebrated miserablist and former Smiths singer Morrissey.

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia," he said. "They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away."

While devout Morrissey fans may regard his every word as divine writ ? including his recent monumental autobiography which he insisted on being published in the Penguin Classics series ? he pushed them to the limit in his latest utterances.

"Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you: 'Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life,' well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers," he said.

The insights were shared in a Q&A session on his fan website, True to You. Asked about his proudest achievement, he said it was persuading many people to stop eating meat. "If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference."

But he wasn't done: "If Jamie 'Orrible is so certain that flesh-food is tasty then why doesn't he stick one of his children in a microwave?" he asked. And of Cilla Black preparing a leg of lamb recently on television: "Since a lamb is a baby, I wondered what kind of mind Cilla Black could possibly have that would convince her that eating a baby is OK?"

His argument failed to convince some. "This isn't in any way intended to cause offence to you or any other Morrissey enthusiasts, but he really does need a good shoeing sometimes," Dan Layton commented on the Gigwise website, one of many which took up the subject.

Morrissey also threatened to "slip into permanent unconsciousness" if any journalist ever asked him again about the Smiths.

Mark Fairley suggested: "The sooner someone asks him about the Smiths, the better ?"

Source: The Guardian

• Like 1

Eating meat is perfectly normal and widely accepted by society; paedophilia is not.

theeyarecomingforyou - Morrissey sounds like a militant vegan; if they had their way, eating meat would be banned.

Fanaticism - on any issue - pretty much ALWAYS sounds silly; the problem is that it is not often recognized as silly-sounding.

• Like 1

I find it offensive how he trivialities major issues to further his agenda.  Always thought he was a ****!

Wow, is ###### swearing?  I never knew!

• Like 2

Ahahahahahahaha. I love it when douchebags like this try to use as many shock buzzwords as they can to get views or reactions.

In my opinion. It makes them look like idiots when they say one thing is another, when in reality they mean "Is as bad as the other".

Someone needs to throw a dictionary with the definitions for "rape" and "murder" highlighted, a very heavy dictionary, at his face.

Did you know Paedophilia is also like philadelphia :D .... spelled sorta the same anyway.

Come on, that was bad even by your standards. post-1302-0-39454400-1388788176.gif

• Like 3

Vegetarians/vegans have long compared eating meat to Naizsm/Auschwitz or some other terrible event or group in human history. Comparing it to sexual assault of children is a new one. I suppose alienating everyone from thier view about the consumption of meat is their real agenda. You'll find accusing some of being a child rapist because they like steak won't help you sell your ideas to them.

Eating meat is perfectly normal and widely accepted by society; paedophilia is not.

You are absolutely right. And this actually nails it because he's right too. 

Sometimes people need to see dramatic examples in order to break away from the old preconceived notions. And the truth is that people don't think they are going to eat a baby sheep when preparing lamb ribs on the barbecue.

People just eat meat without thinking where it's come from. Most people are ignorant to the pain and suffering we cause to livestock animals everyday. We carry out a genocide on several species and perform cannibalism because we consume the flesh of other mammals.

I've been on a farm many times and I saw the fear in the eyes of pigs and cows just before they were slaughtered. They understood everything that was going to happen to them.

It's just a law of nature and some of these laws are amoral. 

When a tigress kills a calf in order to feed her offsprings she doesn't think she's killing someone esle's baby.

We carry out a genocide on several species and perform cannibalism because we consume the flesh of other mammals.

Uhh.. Cannibalism is eating your OWN species.  Eating other mammals isn't cannibalism.

Well, I'll keep eating meat, think of me what you will Morrisey,

oh and guess what? so will billions of others

Aah, he's just another has-been douche nozzle trying to look even slightly interesting in the stark reality of his ended career.  Ignore him.

• Like 2