Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia

Aah, he's just another has-been douche nozzle trying to look even slightly interesting in the stark reality of his ended career.  Ignore him.

I already do, just like his act of desperation against Michael Jackson at that awards show

(it was him, right?)

Uhh.. Cannibalism is eating your OWN species.  Eating other mammals isn't cannibalism.

probably he mean the so-called human eats another humans, just ask 'syrian rebel' who eat the syrian soldier livers & heart.

probably he mean the so-called human eats another humans, just ask 'syrian rebel' who eat the syrian soldier livers & heart.

Now that you mention it, Cannibalism in that respect can also be found in Indian history, the quote 'Mein tera khoon pee jawanga' (Phonetic spelling)

Translates as: I will drink your blood, (something said to sworn hated enemies) and some ancient texts state (probably with little or no factual evedince) that it had happened 5 or 6 thousand years ago.....

Aah, he's just another has-been douche nozzle trying to look even slightly interesting in the stark reality of his ended career.  Ignore him.

I think he's a tool who has been given a script to read and a paycheck.

Uhh.. Cannibalism is eating your OWN species.  Eating other mammals isn't cannibalism.

All mammals share some portion of the same DNA.

So? You're twisting the definition of the word to suit your own ends; pack it in.

Cannibalism is VERY clearly defined as meaning to eat the flesh of your OWN species, not similar ones.

• Like 2

However, he kinda got a point in his foie gras rant.

On that subject, agreed.  I don't eat meat from animals that are, to my knowledge, mistreated or force fed.

• Like 2

funny thing about this guy is that i had to wikipedia to find out about him and found this

one of the most influential artists ever

and then i laughed. so a little vegan bitch that no one outside of Britain's indie scene has ever heard of is one of the most influential artists ever? How can he be influential of no one knows or no one cares. if he died tomorrow people would shrug their shoulders and go on with their lives because no one would care.

worst. music. ever.

Arguably, all life on earth shares "some portion" of DNA. Humans and Bananas share around a 50% identical DNA sequence*.

--------------------

Vegans & Vegetarians really need to learn that using emotional arguments or personal insults for vegetarianism really makes people hate them. It's rather funny considering there are some very good arguments to be made for increasing fruits/veg/nuts/grains etc. in your diet and cutting out excessive red meat consumption.

• Like 2

Arguably, all life on earth shares "some portion" of DNA. Humans and Bananas share around a 50% identical DNA sequence*.

--------------------

Vegans & Vegetarians really need to learn that using emotional arguments or personal insults for vegetarianism really makes people hate them. It's rather funny considering there are some very good arguments to be made for increasing fruits/veg/nuts/grains etc. in your diet and cutting out excessive red meat consumption.

I've always found that the best way to shut these twonks up is to eat a nice thick steak in front of them. Preferably rare and bloody!

I've always found that the best way to shut these twonks up is to eat a nice thick steak in front of them. Preferably rare and bloody!

Or bum a big in front of him so he call hear it sequel  :shiftyninja:  :shifty:

Lol at all the comments in this thread, :) Are they all as metaphoric as the orginal comments by Mr Morrisey... :)

The practises of modern agriculture and consummerism demand more attention than a commentator who may use any mehod to draw our notice to such. Imho...

• Like 1

This is nothing new for Morrissey, he has always made bold and outlandish claims on alot of issues, especially eating meat. 

While I do not agree with him here what so ever, I still enjoy hearing what he has to say. He is an absolutely fantastic song writer who will always have my utmost respect for his work. 

You are absolutely right. And this actually nails it because he's right too.

He's not right because paedophilia is in no way comparable to eating meat. Rather the point he should be making is that meat is murder, a point he has made repeatedly in the past (most famously with the Meat Is Murder album by The Smiths). This is nothing more than a sensationalistic rant to generate headlines because he can't get attention legitimately.

People just eat meat without thinking where it's come from. Most people are ignorant to the pain and suffering we cause to livestock animals everyday. We carry out a genocide on several species and perform cannibalism because we consume the flesh of other mammals.

Cannibalism is the eating of another member of the same species and typically refers to humans. The eating of animal flesh can in no way be considered cannibalism. I think you may be confusing cannibalism with carnivorism. Further, the welfare of livestock is a separate issue to the consumption of meat.

• Like 2

Cannibalism is the eating of another member of the same species and typically refers to humans. The eating of animal flesh can in no way be considered cannibalism. I think you may be confusing cannibalism with carnivorism. Further, the welfare of livestock is a separate issue to the consumption of meat.

Zhiv's English is more than good enough to know what it means; he's just being disingenuous with the definition. Probably a veggie.. Let's get him...... a steak! :p