Morrissey: eating meat is the same as paedophilia

I don't eat meat from animals that are, to my knowledge, mistreated

Just so I understand, are you talking about willful ignorance (the default setting for most people in this regard) or have you actually done your research on that and concluded you are fine with the way the animals you eat are treated and killed ?

Just so I understand, are you talking about willful ignorance (the default setting for most people in this regard) or have you actually done your research on that and concluded you are fine with the way the animals you eat are treated and killed ?

I've visited abattoirs, I've seen the killing floor, I've wrung chickens necks and even dispatched and cleaned rabbits.  I also fish as well, and clean my own fish.

So yes, you could say I've "researched" and am plenty happy with the way animals are treated and killed.

However, I don't buy meat at the supermarket.  I go to a local butcher, who sources from smaller abattoirs.  I pay more for this, but I shop and cook with a clean conscience.

and then i laughed. so a little vegan bitch that no one outside of Britain's indie scene has ever heard of is one of the most influential artists ever?

wtf? I agree his vegan rants are annoying. But if you havent heard about The Smiths or his solo career then, sorry man, and I say this in the most non-insulting way possible for me, you're a music ignorant.

The Smiths and Morrisey are huge. Very huge. David Bowie huge.

So, sorry, but your case it's the typical 'if I dont know them, they are unknown to everyone' case.

• Like 2

never heard of this guy before, retarded people say retarded things from time to time. Some more then others.

Not often you and  agree, but on this one we fully agree. :)

wtf? I agree his vegan rants are annoying. But if you havent heard about The Smiths or his solo career then, sorry man, and I say this in the most non-insulting way possible for me, you're a music ignorant.

So, sorry, but your case it's the typical 'if I dont know them, they are unknown to everyone' case.

apparently not that huge and just listening to his music. he's terrible. He deserves to be ignored.

• Like 2

apparently not that huge and just listening to his music. he's terrible. He deserves to be ignored.

I only know him from his idiotic rants, never heard any of his so-called music either.

You are absolutely right. And this actually nails it because he's right too. 

Sometimes people need to see dramatic examples in order to break away from the old preconceived notions. And the truth is that people don't think they are going to eat a baby sheep when preparing lamb ribs on the barbecue.

People just eat meat without thinking where it's come from. Most people are ignorant to the pain and suffering we cause to livestock animals everyday. We carry out a genocide on several species and perform cannibalism because we consume the flesh of other mammals.

I've been on a farm many times and I saw the fear in the eyes of pigs and cows just before they were slaughtered. They understood everything that was going to happen to them.

It's just a law of nature and some of these laws are amoral. 

When a tigress kills a calf in order to feed her offsprings she doesn't think she's killing someone esle's baby.

So vegans don't eat baby corn? You've got to kill it to eat it. And if the answer is vegans don't equate plant life to animal life. Most humans don't equate animal life to human child life. Though the same humans do consider some animal life higher than others. Such as dogs in America. Of course in Thailand, Vietnam, and a few other places they do not, and eat dogs like Americans eat chicken. And of course we think that is barbaric, or, like pedophilia.

• Like 1

So vegans don't eat baby corn? You've got to kill it to eat it. And if the answer is vegans don't equate plant life to animal life. Most humans don't equate animal life to human child life. Though the same humans do consider some animal life higher than others. Such as dogs in America. Of course in Thailand, Vietnam, and a few other places they do not and eat dogs like Americans eat chicken. And of course we think that is barbaric, or, like pedophilia.

I was right with you, until that last point.. I still agree with most of what you said

+1

I was right with you, until that last point.. I still agree with most of what you said

+1

Lol. I should have used /s on the pedophilia part. That is the extreme comparison that got this guys comments media attention.

And I don't think most Americans think eating dog is barbaric, they just think it's wrong, very wrong. lol. Of course in a starvation situation,  everything looks like steak and tastes like chicken.

• Like 1

There's something wrong with him... And I mean that in a very serious way... I'm a big Morrissey fan and as time has gone by he keeps missing more and more shows and lately has been either really quiet or saying some really odd ball things like this... There's been whispers about his health not being so hot over the last few years and I'm starting to really think that's a possibility. Also I'm not defending his actions because I'm a fan.

Lol. I should have used /s on the pedophilia part. That is the extreme comparison that got this guys comments media attention.

And I don't think most Americans think eating dog is barbaric, they just think it's wrong, very wrong. lol. Of course in a starvation situation,  everything looks like steak and tastes like chicken.

lol

There's something wrong with him... And I mean that in a very serious way... I'm a big Morrissey fan and as time has gone by he keeps missing more and more shows and lately has been either really quiet or saying some really odd ball things like this... There's been whispers about his health not being so hot over the last few years and I'm starting to really think that's a possibility. Also I'm not defending his actions because I'm a fan.

Probably just trying to keep his name in media attention

+another who has never heard of him and after looking up some of his music, Im clearly not missing much at all. If anything putting him in the same class as Bowie is far more ignorant then not knowing who he is at all. 

• Like 1

+another who has never heard of him and after looking up some of his music, Im clearly not missing much at all. If anything putting him in the same class as Bowie is far more ignorant then not knowing who he is at all. 

Hah what? How does that even make sense?

I don't like their music but to they are well known and have inspired many musicians today. Only today was I watching the film 500 Days of Summer and it features a few of their songs. 

Hah what? How does that even make sense?

I don't like their music but to they are well known and have inspired many musicians today. Only today was I watching the film 500 Days of Summer and it features a few of their songs. 

Never seen the movie, not that the song/artist would have been know even if I had. It's pretty clear from reading the thread, this guy isn't as well known as some here would like to think. As for inspiring other musicians, like I said, no clue who this guy is and therefore no clue what inspiration he has had on others but any jackass can claim to have inspired anyone else. If this guy is known for other retarded comments like this, then any claims of inspiration coming from him are taken with a grain of salt. 

funny thing about this guy is that i had to wikipedia to find out about him and found this

and then i laughed. so a little vegan bitch that no one outside of Britain's indie scene has ever heard of is one of the most influential artists ever? How can he be influential of no one knows or no one cares. if he died tomorrow people would shrug their shoulders and go on with their lives because no one would care.

worst. music. ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOI2eFOBrl4 A lot of people have heard of The Smiths and Morrissey...

Pretty much every rock band of the last 20-30yrs will have The Smiths listed as influence.

Morrisey however all I know of him is he`s a musician who spouts hippy, vegan nonsense and wants the world to bend on a whim. Total self obsession masked as "fighting for a cause",or "making a statement".

Mans a ######.

But please lets stop trying to lower zeitgeist to our own ignorance, then proclaiming others ignorant afterwords.

So he's a musician who thinks other people should care about the fact that he's a douche to people who eat meat.

Fact: Human beings need "animal" proteins as part of a balanced diet.

Fact: Human beings have been eating meat for longer than we've been building fires to cook it with.

There's a HUGE difference between killing a deer, squirrel, groundhog, elk, or bear for its meat.  Do I disagree with the common practices in a lot of slaughterhouses?  Hell yeah I do, it's part of the reason I hunt, but anybody who thinks eating meat in and of itself is evil and on par with selectively murdering millions of people(His reference to Auschwitz) for no reason is mentally ill and should probably seek help.

This Morrissey should meet one of our American musicians, :-)

post-125978-0-75788700-1388910973.jpg