New PS4 firmware update this month?

Hears hoping a software update will be all that's needed. i'd welcome HDMI 2.0 support.

you guys remember back in the years of the HD-DVD/Blu-ray wars? The PS3's specs didnt match what was required for BDLive and all that new blu-ray stuff at the time. A software update got around those issues.

Yeah just give me DLNA support and support for the Pulse Elite, and to me the PS4 is a near perfect system already.

Keep in mind I do not bother with capturing games, sharing gameplay, getting into parties all that much if ever, hell, I do not even listen to my own music when playing a game (never have as I tend to believe the audio of the game is just as much part of the experience as the visuals). I just like a good machine that lets me easily play games, and as such, I already think it is pretty damn near perfect.

I personally prefer the simplicity of the UI, sure a little customization would be nice but it is not the end of the world if I cannot customize it. Remote Play on Vita is nothing short of genius IMHO, works so much better than I ever thought it would, and the only real complaint I initially did have was the camera add-on I purchased was not working, but turns out it was working and I just did not know it was LOL It does log me in via the camera just as it should.

DLNA support would be great though, although I have to say I am pretty sure my PS3 is going to stay set up for quite some damn time honestly. GT6 alone would make sure of that, but with the latest 14 for 14 sale, plus all the good games still being offered through + for the PS3 (I never beat Bioshock Infinite, so really may revisit it), it does in fact look like the PS3 will stay hooked up in my household for quite some time, so I do have the DLNA support of it, but it would no doubt be kick ass if I could at least have the option of one day retiring it to go all PS4.

Yeah I don't know how anyone could sell their PS3 (especially not if they are a Plus member). I have that many PS3 games to play I am as I've said a few times now on the web/to friends, still playing my PS3 more often. To be honest though in the past week it's been my Vita getting all the love. Terraria has taken over my life lol. I've got Soul Sacrifice to check out as well thanks to Plus.

Yeah I don't know how anyone could sell their PS3 (especially not if they are a Plus member). I have that many PS3 games to play I am as I've said a few times now on the web/to friends, still playing my PS3 more often. To be honest though in the past week it's been my Vita getting all the love. Terraria has taken over my life lol. I've got Soul Sacrifice to check out as well thanks to Plus.

I would have kept it just for TLoU prequel DLC honestly. 

I do get why people may have to sell it to get the money to put towards a PS4 or whatever they want though. I get that, and it does make me realize I am extremely fortunate to have a career where I can buy these things for myself and not have to really stress about it. So I do think that is why a lot of people sell their PS3's, they have to if they want a PS4.

I would have kept it just for TLoU prequel DLC honestly. 

I do get why people may have to sell it to get the money to put towards a PS4 or whatever they want though. I get that, and it does make me realize I am extremely fortunate to have a career where I can buy these things for myself and not have to really stress about it. So I do think that is why a lot of people sell their PS3's, they have to if they want a PS4.

If I were in that position, and I know it's just "if I were", I'd be keeping the PS3 and waiting for better PS4 deals. The library on the PS4 simply is not good enough, or even populated enough to trade in the massive PS3 catalog. Not to mention Dark Souls 2 is out soon, how dare anyone trade in the chance to play it :P

In all honesty I understand all sides of the argument, I didn't mean to if anyone thinks I did come off as oh hey look at me being in a position to own both consoles.

As for this FW update, looks like it will be the typical due out on January*

*on the 31st at 1 minute to midnight

I'm not selling my PS3, no matter what. I have a ton of games that I haven't played yet. I still have PS2 games that I bought and never played.

I'll probably buy my PS4 at the same time I bought my PS3: 1 year after release, when the market has matured and there are good bargains to be had.

I'm definitely holding on to my ps3. My library of games and games to come is just too large.

If I were to get rid of it, it would require feature parity with the ps3 like dlna, and a way to play all of my ps3 content.

Heck, I still have a slim ps2 and a Japanese ps2 because of games I still might want to play.