Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition

Its a work in progress, but here is my old case, I am painting it (err trying to) and giving it to my nephew as a graduation present.

Before & After:

I am debating on the railing color - I painted the top rails in Orange to see what it would look like, but still might do it in matte black.  Undecided

This is my first time to paint something so be gentle, Im a virgin

Since nobody has commented on this yet I'm going to say something, I think it looks fantastic and I love the orange, it's such an underrated colour!

If you plan on doing the top rails in orange, do the bottom rails to match IMO.

Since nobody has commented on this yet I'm going to say something, I think it looks fantastic and I love the orange, it's such an underrated colour!

If you plan on doing the top rails in orange, do the bottom rails to match IMO.

Thanks man.  I considered doing all the rails in black, but I am undecided, I need to make a decision soon as he graduated Friday.

But seriously, thanks for the nice comment.

My current

Doing a complete revamp very soon. All new equipment, modern sit-to-stand adjustable desks and overall much more elegant working space.

Talk about a BATTLESTATION! :laugh: This is more like a starship command center. (y)

Audioengine A2

http://www.tylt.com/vu/

I love it! and great color choices :)

Thanks, and how good are they? Not wanting amazing speakers just come nice 2.0 speakers that are small but not useless on sound.

Thanks, and how good are they? Not wanting amazing speakers just come nice 2.0 speakers that are small but not useless on sound.

If you want amazing small speakers 2.0 or 2.1 you want Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or AudioEngine or Bower Wilkins. Klipsch being the cheapest of the three. But they will all be pricier than the regular computer speakers but they have an amazing sound. AudioEngine and Bower Wilkins will not give you a room shaking bass but they will have an amazing sound reproduction while Klipsch is a great middle ground because they sound amazing and have a huge subwoofer.

I have the A2+ as well, and love them dearly. I ain't no audiophile, but the built in dac is amazing.

Here's my very clean and tidy Battlestation.   ;)  Just did this a couple of days ago, and I am well pleased with it.  Just gotta upgrade the graphics card in the PC and it'll be a gaming machine.  Just brought the new monitor too, had the PC for a few months and the mouse and keyboard I've had for more than a year now.

post-493600-0-24879000-1402322874.jpg

• Like 1

Here's my very clean and tidy Battlestation.   ;)  Just did this a couple of days ago, and I am well pleased with it.  Just gotta upgrade the graphics card in the PC and it'll be a gaming machine.  Just brought the new monitor too, had the PC for a few months and the mouse and keyboard I've had for more than a year now.

attachicon.gifBph5Mc0CcAAoQj2.jpg

Hope you don't mind, me asking, but I have an almost identical PC to yours and want to upgrade the Video Card, however haven't been unable to find any that will either work or I can determine would work, if you find one suitable can you please either advise on here or PM please.

Hope you don't mind, me asking, but I have an almost identical PC to yours and want to upgrade the Video Card, however haven't been unable to find any that will either work or I can determine would work, if you find one suitable can you please either advise on here or PM please.

Well there are low profile cards that should work. http://www.futurelooks.com/galaxy-introduces-low-profile-editions-nvidia-gtx-750-gtx-750-ti-gpus/ 

hoping to get one of these soon.

Haven't posted yet here in this year's thread. But just got a new keyboard. :)

jMP4d85.jpg

fOSF71q.jpg

Very nice keyboard, may i ask what make that is. Looking towards getting a new one soon!

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror 

Mouse: Razer Abyssus Mirror

Monitors: Samsung 21.5 HD and Dell 24 non-HD (Don't know full names, also discontinued) 

Speakers: Some Logitech ones (Discontinued) 

Microphone: Samson Go

Headphones: Sennheiser 205 HD

PC

Case: Corsair Carbine 400D

Processor: AMD FX 6300

Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme4

GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 2GB Gigabyte Windforce 3x 

Watercooler: Corsair H100i

Hard drivers: 2x WD 250GB (No idea what model, there old)

PSU: Corsair GS700

Desk is custom made by myself, used an off cut of a worktop and bought some Chrome Mirror 71cm-74cm legs

Nice desk... Did a good job on the desk...

Holy crap!! nearly ?99 for a keyboard lol

You can usually find their stuff on Amazon for a more reasonable price

Just moved into a new flat, much bigger so I can have a proper office. This is the current desk setup:

10x50l5.jpg

The whole place is unfurnished so working slowly and surely to decorate everything :)

• Like 3

It's actually the Apex Raw. It's one step under the Apex. http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-raw-gaming-keyboard

Holy crap!! nearly ?99 for a keyboard lol

The Apex Raw has a MSRP for $56, but a local retailer had them on clearance for $28.

Thought I'd post an update because I've re-arranged a little bit.  The desk itself hasn't changed much except I've added an external speaker to the CB radio.  I moved my working area into a corner though, added a 2nd DC power supply for testing CB radios without messing with the one I actively use, and brought in another cabinet to store things rather than just pile them in drawers and tubs.

The cabinet on the left just got put here today.  I have some spare CB radios that I've fixed on the top shelf, some misc. stuff in the large area, with my ammo can and gun cleaning kit in the back.  There's a small little shelf next to it with various items that I am currently working on, and the bucket under my desk is just a bucket o' parts from old torn up radios.

post-125978-0-29630300-1403252327.jpg

Here's my actual work area.  I spend most of my time talking on the radio or surfing the internet on the computer, and I leave the police scanner running to keep tabs on local events.  The little square box over my CB radio is a SWR meter for measuring antenna condition when installing radios for people.  I've got an external speaker hooked up to my CB to the left of the rack it's sitting on because the built-in speaker is facing downward into the table, and the larger external one can be propped up to face me.

post-125978-0-19264000-1403252426.jpg

Loved it the minute I saw it. How many 3.5 can you have inside this thing? Are you happy with your case buddy?

Just got a new case, sloooowly upgrading my old pc... first step case :)

attachicon.gifNew Case 2.jpg

Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540

MB - Asus P5Q Pro

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz

Memory - 8 GB

OS windows 8.1 Pro

Graphics - MSI 7790 - Main card / MSI 7770 Slave card.

Totally loving the cable management, behind the motherboard its a rats nest, but upfront its nice and clean.

The fans on the case are a bit noisy, but I plan to put in a fan controller at some point.

Loved it the minute I saw it. How many 3.5 can you have inside this thing? Are you happy with your case buddy?

Yes I am very happy with the case.  There is a small plastic cage for 5, I think 2.5 ssd's, there is two caddy's at the bottom of the case for 2 3.5 HD you may be able to get 3 in the metal cage behind the motherboard which would normally hold the cd/dvd drive.