Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition

Haven't posted here in a while, I think it's because of /r/battlestations, but there's some stuff here I haven't seen before, so why not ^^ 

http://i.imgur.com/l1eOgjl.jpg

I finally got a new monitor. Since 2001 I had a plastic cinema display! From 2001-2007 I had a 22", and 2008-2014 I had a 23". They were great screens, but it was getting a bit old and I was getting tired of seeing the same thing all the time, so I finally upgraded to an LG 34UM94. We'll see how it holds up :) So far, pretty nice! 

My new setup:

Main: RemixedBeast Intel i53570K/16GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 RAM/Nvidia Geforce 650Ti/Samsung 840 120GB SSD/Windows Server 2012 Standard/Realtek GBE NIC

Laptop: HP2000-412NR/AMD E300/8GB DDR3 RAM/500GB SSHD/AMD RADEON 6310/Windows 7 x64 Home Premium/RalinkRT5390 WLAN

Other laptop: Dell Insipron 6000/Intel Centrino 1.3Ghz/512MB DDR RAM/60GB HDD/Intel GMA 945/Windows 7x86 Home Premium/Intel Pro 2200BG

Network hardware: Cisco Meraki Z1 router, 2 x Aruba RAP 109 APs (one is downstairs connected to a D-Link DGS-1210-10P managed switch), 1 Cisco Meraki MR12 AP (connected to the managed D-Link switch downstairs). Testing an Airtight C75 AP

qrmG6RB.png

Other Stuff: Client PC connected to an RCA 32 Inch LCD TV (for the roku 1 and client PC repairs)  D-Link DAP2690 AP

My new setup:

Main: RemixedBeast Intel i53570K/16GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 RAM/Nvidia Geforce 650Ti/Samsung 840 120GB SSD/Windows Server 2012 Standard/Realtek GBE NIC

Laptop: HP2000-412NR/AMD E300/8GB DDR3 RAM/500GB SSHD/AMD RADEON 6310/Windows 7 x64 Home Premium/RalinkRT5390 WLAN

Other laptop: Dell Insipron 6000/Intel Centrino 1.3Ghz/512MB DDR RAM/60GB HDD/Intel GMA 945/Windows 7x86 Home Premium/Intel Pro 2200BG

Network hardware: Cisco Meraki Z1 router, 2 x Aruba RAP 109 APs (one is downstairs connected to a D-Link DGS-1210-10P managed switch), 1 Cisco Meraki MR12 AP (connected to the managed D-Link switch downstairs). Testing an Airtight C75 AP

[images snipped]

Back in my old apartment... My desk and computers were so mess ... way worse than yours..  lol.  I mean wires all over the place. 

My landlord was freaked out by that..  :laugh:   

I will see if I can find my photo in my external HDD and show it to you.  FYI, I have several HDDs to search around... maybe 20 of them.

Mine's a little cleaner now will take a pic later once I do a major cleaning tomorrow.

Don't have much energy to clean much so busy and drained....

Mine's a little cleaner now will take a pic later once I do a major cleaning tomorrow.

Don't have much energy to clean much so busy and drained....

Yeah I understand.. I was the same way.... I was so busy that time...

They only "look" good in pictures, for any computing or gaming they are horrible, it's better and cheaper to get a half decent monitor instead 

how would a 1080p 32 inch tv be bad for gaming? :/ always considered buying one!

More of the networking hardware:

post-361542-0-22394700-1417103776.png

post-361542-0-30394700-1417103788.png

Downstairs HTPC/Fileserver (managing a VM install)

post-361542-0-55318700-1417103821.png

Just thought I'd update.  Not a whole lot has changed except the PC is now running Windows 7 instead of Ubuntu so I can play some of my PC games. (Left 4 Dead 2, World of Warcraft, Portal, etc.)  Stacked my two DC power supplies to save desk space, and replaced the blue bulb in in my radio's meter with the factory color because it was kind of hard to read the meter with that blue LED.

Desk is a little cluttered, I'm in the middle of working on a CB radio.

post-125978-0-99441300-1417155011.jpg

^You seemed to have dropped a bowl back there behind your desk. :)

It's spare copper wire, I just tucked it back there to get it out of the way.  Been meaning to start zip tying cables together and maybe cleaning things up a tad, just haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm always moving things around to test other people's radios, etc.

jjkusaf, on 12 Nov 2014 - 01:36, said:

How do you like those monitors?  I'm looking for some monitors with the thin bezel.

The monitors are great. They look nice and the thin bezels are pretty awesome. Colours are good.

Nice! What's the laptop and the laptop stand?

and what's the battery manager software?

That's my work-provided T440s; I have a T420 personal as well that normally sits up there with an ultradock. The battery icon is BatteryBar (free edition) since  Lenovo's power manager program isn't supported on windows 8 and I miss that little widget.

That's my work-provided T440s; I have a T420 personal as well that normally sits up there with an ultradock. The battery icon is BatteryBar (free edition) since  Lenovo's power manager program isn't supported on windows 8 and I miss that little widget.

Whats your opinion on the T440 ?  I was looking @ them on the Lenovo website and didn't see a lot of things that made me want to upgrade. 

When its time to sell my T430, I think I'll go back to a Carbon X1.

I realize there isnt a real need to upgrade from a T430 to T440 - but I have had every T-series model going back to the T42 - but the T440 - I dunno something is off

Whats your opinion on the T440 ?  I was looking @ them on the Lenovo website and didn't see a lot of things that made me want to upgrade. 

I realize there isnt a real need to upgrade from a T430 to T440 - but I have had every T-series model going back to the T42 - but the T440 - I dunno something is off

Not to jihack, but I was in a simila situation, I bought a T440p and sold it after a semester of using it and went back to my old T420, I just felt something was "off" indeed. :/

yea, i remeber than thing, use it before I got my T420 in  2011. I miss the widget too!

It's 50% off now if you want. :p

Not much of a battle station in comparison to the others, but hey, it gets the work done. Still, it is in need of an upgrade. Here's hoping it might happen this year. :)

<snip>

This keyboard looks nice, how's your experience with it? What is and the mouse comes with it? I have the MS Sculpt Comfort, looks similar but larger.

I agree, it's fine for a work computer since I don't have to pay for it ;). You guys are right, though, I always use the trackpoint on my T420 but they've gimped that on the new T440 series without the dedicated buttons. The clickpad is just strange as the buttons for the trackpoint.

I've set up a couple T440p's at work and they are way to chunky, the T440 and 440s are lighter and thinner.

For personal use I have the T420 and MBP retina 15"

Christmas shopping done. :) This will be an upgrade from an AMD FX 8350 and 2x 7970 CF. Build photo to follow...

WP_20141213_19_26_36_Pro_zps77f2de0d.jpg