Post your lifehacks

Lighter fluid? Butane? That sounds dangerous. But I like dangerous.

The stain came from a pen that exploded in my pocket. So it's just normal writing ink.. but it's a pain to get rid of. I'll try some of these suggestions! I can easily get my hands on lighter fluid and IPA.

With regard to the "ink stain" ~

Try .. believe it or not .. Hand sanitizer.. the GEL type NOT the 'watery' type or 'foaming' type ..  

I have tried this on various surfaces,... soft(like a phone case as you describe)  as well as hard surfaces ( like a finished type of surface)  and it DID work surprisingly well.

I have used it on pen ink(like your situation)  and permanent marker.

Since you are saying that its a "soft plastic material"  you MAY have to let it sit for a bit on the stain and rub a bit to make sure it gets into the pores of the plastic but it SHOULD (not for certain) remove the stain.

Good luck.

~LoneWolf

You can also store the razor in baby oil/mineral oil in between uses.  That will help it last a lot longer.  Be warned though that the comfort strip on the razor will come off from the oil.

I think baby oil coating the head between uses does a lot more than drying or sharpening on an old pair of jeans. I use a combination and usually get 2 years out of a pack of 4.

Lighter fluid? Butane? That sounds dangerous. But I like dangerous.

The stain came from a pen that exploded in my pocket. So it's just normal writing ink.. but it's a pain to get rid of. I'll try some of these suggestions! I can easily get my hands on lighter fluid and IPA.

Similar to using white spirit, or terps to remove oil based paint, it does work, but I'm not sure about dried pen ink (never tried it)

About stains....

I loaned a chap a lamp for cleaning inside an industrial oil tank, the lamp body and lens was plastic, When the guy gave me it back, it was absolutely covered in stains and residue, I tried everything to remove the stains, but nothing worked.

I picked up some "evo-stik remover" from a DIY shop, The active spirit was;

Trichloroethylene
Chemical Compound
  • The chemical compound trichloroethylene is a chlorinated hydrocarbon commonly used as an industrial solvent. It is a clear non-flammable liquid with a sweet smell. Wikipedia
  •  

It removed the stains perfectly, and didnt affect the plastic at all.

Be very careful if you use it though, carcinogenic, toxic, highly volatile...

Shaking out clothes after washing them (usually) results in wrinkle free drying.

Used prescription pill bottles are excellent for saving computer screws and small parts.

Packing tape can be used as an emergency lint brush.

Used coffee grounds are a fertilizer.

• 1 month later...

Dude, you are so weird.

Thanks! :D

It was funny, because as I was doing it, I looked at what I was doing and thought ...HA! I have to take a picture of this!

Butterkist popcorn in an 800w Microwave:

2mins 25secs = Undercooked

2mins 33secs = Nom nom nom

2mins 40secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

Butterkist popcorn in an 800w Microwave:

2mins 25secs = Undercooked

2mins 33secs = Nom nom nom

2mins 40secs = Grab the cat and place call for Fireman Sam

That doesn't work on my 1100w microwave.  You know the difference times for it?

I have not ate popcorn for about 5 years.

Can I post NSFW lifehacks ? :shifty:

You might ask a mod or Steve.

Thanks! :D

It was funny, because as I was doing it, I looked at what I was doing and thought ...HA! I have to take a picture of this!

I don't know what is weirder: what you were doing or the fact that you wanted to photo it.  :rofl: Do you keep a lot of photos of yourself doing odd things? Ya know, for posterity?

Can I post NSFW lifehacks ? :shifty:

I don't know whether to be  :|  or  :laugh: at this idea.

:rofl:

I don't know whether to be  :|  or  :laugh: at this idea.

:rofl:

Well it's a lifehack so :P it involves glow in the dark birth control and personal "oils".  Amongst others.

Well it's a lifehack so :p it involves glow in the dark birth control and personal "oils".  Amongst others.

Filling a prophylactic with oil and throwing it at your spouse . . . In the dark? Can't imagine she'd enjoy that too much.  :rofl:

qC0ht5c.jpg

Ok maybe If I word it properly here goes:

1. Buy glow in the dark latex based male prophylactic

2. Buy personal OIL based  lubricants

3. Fill male prophylactic with lubricant

4. Put on male prophylactic

5. Bang the #### out of SO.

6. Depending on brand purchased of prophylactic, the bodily fluids will grab some sort of coloring ( it rubs off with the oil based lub)

7. Remove Just before the job is finished and you should have enough glow in the dark goodness to spray stars :shifty:

WARNING: OIL BASED is needed and might you might be allergic YMMV.

Filling a prophylactic with oil and throwing it at your spouse . . . In the dark? Can't imagine she'd enjoy that too much.  :rofl:

tsk tsk tsk. Didn't they teach you in sex-ed that oil based lubes can damage your rubbers?

haha.

Yup! But for this particular life hack, you NEED oil based.

I tried using water based K-Y which is what I normally use for all my endeavors down under :shifty:, but it did not work!