• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,751 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:41

almost no t-mobile service here in Omaha, NE or I would

That sucks. Only reason I'm trying it out now is because I want to see if I could drop AT&T and my grandfathered unlimited plan. As of right now $30/month is looking a lot better than $160/month.

I told the wife to start paying for her own phone when I transfer her to T-Mobile as well.

#17 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,751 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:13

Ugh, another way for greedy ass AT&T to get more money. 

#18 OP Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,841 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2014 - 14:54

Welp looks like it may not be possible if the FCC has anything to say about it:

While the FCC isn’t stepping in right now, Chairman Tom Wheeler has made it clear that the commission is ready to do so should the need arise. ”Make no mistake, we’re ready to intervene,” Wheeler told The Journal. ”We want to encourage innovation, with the full capability and legal authority to intervene in those circumstances where there are untoward impacts on competition and consumers.”

“The announcement of a sponsored data program by AT&T puts it in the business of picking winners and losers on the Internet, threatening the open Internet, competition and consumer choice,” Eschoo said.

Source:http://bgr.com/2014/...c-intervention/

#19 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 15:10

Welcome to America.

We're one of very very few countries in the world where our carriers charge us for both sending and receiving text messages / phone calls.

That is a joke!  You pay for receiving text messages / phonecalls?!

However, this does actually explain a song to me that I heard where the rapper is moaning about a girl calling him and using up all of his minutes just to talk rubbish.  All I was thinking was "So... why do you call her back and waste your minute?! Idiot!"