Photo

Most comfortable mouse on the market just now?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 06 January 2014 - 19:57

Hey guys I need to replace my G500 as the left click button has gone dodgy. Often double clicks with one press. I'd like something based around comfort, but still with a decent amount of buttons to use (I don't need an MMO mouse lol).

I'm not looking to spend crazy money, nor am I a brand snob, I have no allegiances when it comes to PC equipment. It's just been many years since I bought this mouse, so I have no idea whats hot right now.

#2 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:08

Wired or wireless?

#3 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:09

Wired or wireless?

I have no preference to be honest, probably wired to save changing batteries/recharging.

#4 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:09

I just recently replaced my G500 (had the same exact issue) with a 2013 Razer Deathadder and I like it. More comfortable than the G500 and the driver software is much better IMO.

Fewer overall buttons (left/right/middle click and two thumb buttons) and it lacks the free-spinning wheel mode (probably my most missed feature going away from the G500) but I rarely use lots of mouse buttons in games (even in MMOs I use mouse buttons as modifiers so I can have a single keyboard key bound to 2-3 actions easily accessible by holding a mouse button).

I do use a palm grip on my mouse, so comfort may change w/ a different grip. Another thing to be wary of, the Razer software uses a cloud-based profile system. It has no internal memory (that you can write to) so if you want all your settings on another computer you must install the software and log in to get them.

Other than that, I've really enjoyed it so far.

#5 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:17

Most comfortable i would vote for Death Adder and Mamba (same model but the Mamba is wireless). The new wireless gaming mouse by Logitech looks great tough but i have not used it yet (http://gaming.logite...ss-gaming-mouse).

The g7 remains the best ever but Logitech doesn't make it anymore.

#6 Hebulba

Hebulba

Neowinian

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:18

Razer Deathadder +1.

One of the most comfortable mouses I have ever used.

Also 2013 version fixed the slippery bits on the sides.

#7 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:22

I can pickup the Deathadder for £38. Had a razor mouse a while back and it was decent, the driver business sounds like a pain but besides that the Logitech above is fetching nearer £60.

#8 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:24

I can pickup the Deathadder for £38. Had a razor mouse a while back and it was decent, the driver business sounds like a pain but besides that the Logitech above is fetching nearer £60.

Razer drivers are very bad. Specially the crap that is Synapse 2.0. But the hardware is very good.

#9 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:27

Razer drivers are very bad. Specially the crap that is Synapse 2.0. But the hardware is very good.

At least Synapse 2.0 is leagues better than SetPoint......Logitech has the worst mouse drivers ever (granted I've only ever used Logitech and Razer mice since I got heavily into gaming).

#10 +AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:28

Wow, those are some crazy looking mice. And $80?! I'm using a Lenovo generic laser mouse, haha.

#11 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:33

I hate to break the bad news to yeah. But everyone got different taste when it comes to a comfortable mouse. So noone can really answer your topic.

#12 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

Posted 06 January 2014 - 20:55

This is what I'm using at the minute:

Shogun Bros. Ballista Mk1

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B008UR04T2

I love it.  I went from a Razer Lachesis - G9x / G700 - Ballista mk1.

The Lachesis shell got damaged after 4 years and I could just never get on with either the G9x or the G700, neither felt right.  I've had the Ballista about 3 months and I've got no complaints so far.

#13 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:19

Hey guys I need to replace my G500 as the left click button has gone dodgy. Often double clicks with one press.

You can fix that, there are instructions around. Don't expect to buy something from Logitech without ending up with the same issue though, they still sell garbage based on the same switches and unless you learn to click with less pressure you'll end up with the same issue in a very short time.

The real question is if you want side-scrolling/fast scrolling or not. If you want that there's only Logitech left (the G500s or G602 seem to be pretty decent but as I said you risk ending up with the same issue): Microsoft made extremely comfortable mices but now only sells incomprehensible tablet-touchpad-bird-airplane-superman nonsense. The only other brands that make comfortable mouses that I can think of are Corsair, Cooler Master and Mad Catz.

#14 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:58

I hate to break the bad news to yeah. But everyone got different taste when it comes to a comfortable mouse. So noone can really answer your topic.

I know that but at least in asking I get some suggestions rather than sinking money blindly on my own.

You can fix that, there are instructions around. Don't expect to buy something from Logitech without ending up with the same issue though, they still sell garbage based on the same switches and unless you learn to click with less pressure you'll end up with the same issue in a very short time.

The real question is if you want side-scrolling/fast scrolling or not. If you want that there's only Logitech left (the G500s or G602 seem to be pretty decent but as I said you risk ending up with the same issue): Microsoft made extremely comfortable mices but now only sells incomprehensible tablet-touchpad-bird-airplane-superman nonsense. The only other brands that make comfortable mouses that I can think of are Corsair, Cooler Master and Mad Catz.

I'll have a look on Google for a fix, cheers (Y)

#15 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 January 2014 - 23:36

Got a Logitech G700S for Christmas and its fantastic, maybe a little high priced if you used to have a G500 (and I saw £38 as a price mentioned above), new G602 looks nice and is a bit cheaper.

or if you're now as fussed about macros and other gaming features the performance MX is incredibly comfortable.

Biggest thing is try and get to a local store and get your hands on them, everyone and every mouse is different, I personally like very large mice and a good palm grip, I have to get my GF smaller mice as she has much smaller hands...

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!