Most comfortable mouse on the market just now?

Hey guys I need to replace my G500 as the left click button has gone dodgy. Often double clicks with one press. I'd like something based around comfort, but still with a decent amount of buttons to use (I don't need an MMO mouse lol).

I'm not looking to spend crazy money, nor am I a brand snob, I have no allegiances when it comes to PC equipment. It's just been many years since I bought this mouse, so I have no idea whats hot right now.

Wired or wireless?

I have no preference to be honest, probably wired to save changing batteries/recharging.

I just recently replaced my G500 (had the same exact issue) with a 2013 Razer Deathadder and I like it. More comfortable than the G500 and the driver software is much better IMO.

Fewer overall buttons (left/right/middle click and two thumb buttons) and it lacks the free-spinning wheel mode (probably my most missed feature going away from the G500) but I rarely use lots of mouse buttons in games (even in MMOs I use mouse buttons as modifiers so I can have a single keyboard key bound to 2-3 actions easily accessible by holding a mouse button).

I do use a palm grip on my mouse, so comfort may change w/ a different grip. Another thing to be wary of, the Razer software uses a cloud-based profile system. It has no internal memory (that you can write to) so if you want all your settings on another computer you must install the software and log in to get them.

Other than that, I've really enjoyed it so far.

Most comfortable i would vote for Death Adder and Mamba (same model but the Mamba is wireless). The new wireless gaming mouse by Logitech looks great tough but i have not used it yet (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse).

The g7 remains the best ever but Logitech doesn't make it anymore.

• Like 1

I can pickup the Deathadder for ?38. Had a razor mouse a while back and it was decent, the driver business sounds like a pain but besides that the Logitech above is fetching nearer ?60.

I can pickup the Deathadder for ?38. Had a razor mouse a while back and it was decent, the driver business sounds like a pain but besides that the Logitech above is fetching nearer ?60.

Razer drivers are very bad. Specially the crap that is Synapse 2.0. But the hardware is very good.

Razer drivers are very bad. Specially the crap that is Synapse 2.0. But the hardware is very good.

At least Synapse 2.0 is leagues better than SetPoint......Logitech has the worst mouse drivers ever (granted I've only ever used Logitech and Razer mice since I got heavily into gaming).

This is what I'm using at the minute:

Shogun Bros. Ballista Mk1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shogun-Ballista-8200dpi-Commander-Series/dp/B008UR04T2

I love it.  I went from a Razer Lachesis - G9x / G700 - Ballista mk1.

The Lachesis shell got damaged after 4 years and I could just never get on with either the G9x or the G700, neither felt right.  I've had the Ballista about 3 months and I've got no complaints so far.

Hey guys I need to replace my G500 as the left click button has gone dodgy. Often double clicks with one press.

You can fix that, there are instructions around. Don't expect to buy something from Logitech without ending up with the same issue though, they still sell garbage based on the same switches and unless you learn to click with less pressure you'll end up with the same issue in a very short time.

The real question is if you want side-scrolling/fast scrolling or not. If you want that there's only Logitech left (the G500s or G602 seem to be pretty decent but as I said you risk ending up with the same issue): Microsoft made extremely comfortable mices but now only sells incomprehensible tablet-touchpad-bird-airplane-superman nonsense. The only other brands that make comfortable mouses that I can think of are Corsair, Cooler Master and Mad Catz.

I hate to break the bad news to yeah. But everyone got different taste when it comes to a comfortable mouse. So noone can really answer your topic.

I know that but at least in asking I get some suggestions rather than sinking money blindly on my own.

You can fix that, there are instructions around. Don't expect to buy something from Logitech without ending up with the same issue though, they still sell garbage based on the same switches and unless you learn to click with less pressure you'll end up with the same issue in a very short time.

The real question is if you want side-scrolling/fast scrolling or not. If you want that there's only Logitech left (the G500s or G602 seem to be pretty decent but as I said you risk ending up with the same issue): Microsoft made extremely comfortable mices but now only sells incomprehensible tablet-touchpad-bird-airplane-superman nonsense. The only other brands that make comfortable mouses that I can think of are Corsair, Cooler Master and Mad Catz.

I'll have a look on Google for a fix, cheers (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Logitech G700S for Christmas and its fantastic, maybe a little high priced if you used to have a G500 (and I saw ?38 as a price mentioned above), new G602 looks nice and is a bit cheaper.

or if you're now as fussed about macros and other gaming features the performance MX is incredibly comfortable.

Biggest thing is try and get to a local store and get your hands on them, everyone and every mouse is different, I personally like very large mice and a good palm grip, I have to get my GF smaller mice as she has much smaller hands...

At least Synapse 2.0 is leagues better than SetPoint......Logitech has the worst mouse drivers ever (granted I've only ever used Logitech and Razer mice since I got heavily into gaming).

Logitech gaming mice use their game software not setpoint. personally I love my G700 even though before I bought it I was sure the big buttons sticking out would be weird and uncomfortable, but they're not. the G700s looks like a great upgrade, but I have no reason to upgrade. and their gaming software works great, and if there's a problem, there's no company with better support than logitech, had an issue with my 700, replaced no questions asked, even without receipt, just had to take a picture of the mouse on a prinout of a mailw ith some number on I goot from them. Also got my G930 replaced, even though it turned out my issue wasn't really an "issue"as such. just that the headset has some weird way to handle battery charging and such. though I wouldn't recommend them for headsets. in hindsight I would rather have spent a bit more to get a good set of stereo headsets with noise cancelling, like the Ludacris branded Soul headset(wouldn't care less about ludacris though) I tried at a trade expo, those where awesome. 

Anyway, I say go for a logitech in the G series, if you can afford it the 700/700s is great, but expensive, worth it though. 

Logitech gaming mice use their game software not setpoint. personally I love my G700 even though before I bought it I was sure the big buttons sticking out would be weird and uncomfortable, but they're not. the G700s looks like a great upgrade, but I have no reason to upgrade. and their gaming software works great.

Well w/e the software is called, I'm glad I don't have to use it anymore (setpoint just came to mind because that's what it was called before the separated the gaming mouse software from the rest). An example of one of my main complaints, in Synapse 2.0 I can set a macro to play once, play X amount of times, toggle (plays until I push the button again) or play while I hold the button down. With the Logitech software I could play the macro once or play it X times, that's it. It had no options to toggle the macro or play while I held the button down.

For a gaming driver set designed with Macros in mind, it was very limiting.....I'm finding a ton more useful features with the Synapse software that I never had the option to do w/ the Logitech software.

EDIT: Another thing, the profile system is 1000x better. It switches profile based on the active process. So if I have a macro for game1.exe, and that game is running in Windowed mode, whenever that game has focus Synapse will use that profile. I have a second profile set to explorer.exe, so when I switch out of the game, Synapse switches to that profile instead of the game profile. This works for any program on your system to my knowledge.....last I tried using Logitech software it sometimes had troubles detecting when the game was running, and if the game was running at all it was on the game profile (I couldn't alt-tab out and auto-switch to a non-gaming profile, like I can with Synapse).

How long since you used a logitech gaming mouse ? Their new gaming software is excellent. their old version with all the red background and rather simple gui, worked but wasn't anything special and was a bit weird in how it worked at times. 

and the Logitech Gaming software does support while pressed and toggle repeat options. not for on board macros though, but if you use automatic game detection, which should work just fine in the LGS. 

Hey guys I need to replace my G500 as the left click button has gone dodgy. Often double clicks with one press. I'd like something based around comfort, but still with a decent amount of buttons to use (I don't need an MMO mouse lol).

I'm not looking to spend crazy money, nor am I a brand snob, I have no allegiances when it comes to PC equipment. It's just been many years since I bought this mouse, so I have no idea whats hot right now.

I've recently done the same as you, and purchased a new G500.  Love it.

How long since you used a logitech gaming mouse ? Their new gaming software is excellent. their old version with all the red background and rather simple gui, worked but wasn't anything special and was a bit weird in how it worked at times. 

About a month, stopped using it when I got my Deathadder for Christmas. The software I had had a black background (mostly).

and the Logitech Gaming software does support while pressed and toggle repeat options. not for on board macros though, but if you use automatic game detection, which should work just fine in the LGS. 

I didn't check for other buttons, but for on-board macros (was there any way to save a macro that wasn't on-board?) it definitely couldn't as of a month ago. It had been awhile since I tested the Automatic Game Detection......at least 4-5 months, but when I did try it, it was complete crap.

The only thing I wish the Deathadder had compared to the G500 I had, is I wish it had on-board memory and a smooth scroll mode. Beyond that I am much happier with the feel of the mouse in my hand and the software compared to the Logitech software.

EDIT: Might be important to note, I had the original G500, not the G500s, so it's possible I was missing some of the newer features of the software.

For me the mouse should be the lightest and easily clickable. That means less pressure on fingers and wrists.

The Logitech gave me a mild form of RSI on index finger. Dumped it immediately.

For the first time in my life, I prefer ergonomics and weight over functionality. Google Carpal Tunnel and RSI and you will use the simplest generic mice out there.