so I just got a message that says as an xbox one preview member, im being invited for the Evolve big alpha. its preloading now,and will unlock tomorrow (the 30th). wow, this is great. so preview guys, check your xbox messages. 

I'm in the preview, I can see I've gotten a code but I'm not at home this week :(

Hopefully this will run for a week or two so I will get a chance.

Nice, turns out the preview program is actually good for something!  :laugh:

Just redeemed by code via browser at work.

Received a second code from MS.

Will give it away to a member of the GH tomorrow if you aren't part of the preview (Y) Only 1 spare code, so don't flood the topic with too many requests ;)

Received a second code from MS.

Will give it away to a member of the GH tomorrow if you aren't part of the preview (Y) Only 1 spare code, so don't flood the topic with too many requests ;)

I also got a 2keys (one from MS and one from TR studio) My nephew got a key (preview program)...

If my brother didn't get a key I will give it to him.  If he did get a key, I will gladly donate here on GH.

I realize this is for the console version but since this game is multiplatform...

PCgamer has access codes for a chance to get in on the pc version, I don't know if it's too late to get a code but I signed up for it today so we'll see.

http://www.pcgamer.com/evolve-big-alpha-key-giveaway-get-access-to-the-evolve-alpha-here/

Edit: Nevermind, posted in the other main thread, this post can be deleted.

Anyone had a chance to play this yet? 

I had a quick bash and played through two games, once and a trapper and the other time as a support character, and it was difficult! 

There was little to no communication with the team that I was playing with and it meant that if anyone ever found the monster they were quickly killed. Team work will play a massive part in this game and folk seem to be intent on running around playing the lone wolf :(

Anyone had a chance to play this yet? 

I had a quick bash and played through two games, once and a trapper and the other time as a support character, and it was difficult! 

There was little to no communication with the team that I was playing with and it meant that if anyone ever found the monster they were quickly killed. Team work will play a massive part in this game and folk seem to be intent on running around playing the lone wolf :(

I had a few games yesterday, we started off very bad in the first match and the person who was the monster won fairly easily against us.

We had to realize that this isn't CoD...

Then we put our collective heads together to work as a team...

I was the medic every time, and keeping me alive was very important...

I leveled up 5x in a single match, just from healing my crew and tranquelizing the monster...

The monster moves at a speed that caught all of us off guard... one minute we are blasting it, and at the blink of an eye it's on the other side of the map and out of view...

You have to track the monster down very quickly, the more it feeds on the other life forms, the more of a challenge it becomes as the monster levels up...

Overall I must admit that Evolve it a fun team based game..  It was much more fun to play it, than i had initially thought.

anyone else find this ....boring? I was excited to play, but after a few rounds, I was like, really??? the open world is unnecessarily too big for this game. just follow tracks until finding monster, then shoot and kill him. the end.

anyone else find this ....boring? I was excited to play, but after a few rounds, I was like, really??? the open world is unnecessarily too big for this game. just follow tracks until finding monster, then shoot and kill him. the end.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. It needs more objectives for both the monster and the hunters to pursue while in a match.

Also I can see it being extremely frustrating playing this game with random people. It hinges on it being 4v1. If you lose 1 person on the 4 side it may as well be game over. Which makes it incredibly easy to troll people or cause un-needed frustration. And then there is apparently a penalty for leaving a game early.

Also if people want to be ###### that can get on the trapper class and throw the arena around everywhere blocking in their allies.