Michael Bay has a meltdown at CES

I don't care for his films, but I feel sorry for him here though. I hate public speaking, I'm great one-on-one, but in front of a crowd, without a script, I can't do it. So I empathize with him.

There was no flip out. Do you think most of public speakers have everything memorized (or even a vague idea) of what they are going to talk about and what they are going to say line for line before stepping up and reading their prepared scripts?

He probably didn't prepare one ounce for the conference and talk, and he expected to have his material there for him... couple that with nervousness (his voice cracked), and you have not a freak out, but someone unprepared and unable to go off the cuff.

There was no flip out. Do you think most of public speakers have everything memorized (or even a vague idea) of what they are going to talk about and what they are going to say line for line before stepping up and reading their prepared scripts?

He probably didn't prepare one ounce for the conference and talk, and he expected to have his material there for him... couple that with nervousness (his voice cracked), and you have not a freak out, but someone unprepared and unable to go off the cuff.

But that is all on him, he was paid I would assume to show up and talk at this conference for him to not be prepared and get this frazzled is honestly pretty sad to me. He shouldve shown some courtesy and at least went over the material before going out there, what a buffoon.

But that is all on him, he was paid I would assume to show up and talk at this conference for him to not be prepared and get this frazzled is honestly pretty sad to me. He shouldve shown some courtesy and at least went over the material before going out there, what a buffoon.

Oh yeah, I agree. Just didn't agree that he flipped out.

I kinda feel sorry for him, He couldn't read the prompter (the type is all off) and that curveball along with thousands of people watching made him that nervous that he was drawing blanks and couldn't remember enough buzzwords to wing it :(

That's one of my worse fears :(

CNet already has an article saying he "imploded," which seriously, as much of a tool that people may feel he is, is just not fair at all.

I am with others here, feel sorry for my man that he is catching so my flak for simply just having stage fright.

In fairness, there's a lot at play here, and once thrown off balance, some recover, some don't I don't think any less of him because of it, just showed he's human.

Worst director.  Go blow something up you jackass.

Let's see you direct.

I feel bad for him, everyone has public speaking issues. I would say it's pretty embarrassing if you can't describe your job in your own words.