• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,516 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:44

CNet already has an article saying he "imploded," which seriously, as much of a tool that people may feel he is, is just not fair at all.

I am with others here, feel sorry for my man that he is catching so my flak for simply just having stage fright.

Couldn't agree more. It is very easy to armchair this one for a lot of people and ridicule the guy, but the reality is standing up in front of that many people is very intense.

#32 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

• 21,122 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:31

From Michael Bay's website:

Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES – I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP’s intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down – then I walked off. I guess live shows aren’t my thing.

But I’m doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world.

Michael

Source: http://michaelbay.com/2014/01/06/ces/

#33 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,536 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00

well i do fell sorry for him; he maybe gets alot of hate for his movies, but this was really embarrasing and painful to watch :/

#34 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,253 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:10

I LOVE Armageddon!

#35 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:42

Can i have it in 4K please? :rolleyes:

#36 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:51

I don't care for his films, but I feel sorry for him here though. I hate public speaking, I'm great one-on-one, but in front of a crowd, without a script, I can't do it. So I empathize with him.

Couldn't agree more. I hate public speaking, and if someone told me, "don't worry, just read from the teleprompter" and that dies, I wouldn't be far behind it.

The comments about meltdowns and implosions blow it out of proportion. Although I can appreciate the humour of "implosion" given who is being discussed. :laugh:

#37 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

• 827 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:53

Well that just got the new Samsung curved TV a whole new level of exposure, well done Mr Bay.

#38 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,988 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 830

Posted 07 January 2014 - 15:57

BdYs9H-CYAA9Gnx.jpg

BdYlucBIAAErRQg.png