Win8china: Windows 8.1 2014 Update(Spring GDR) Expected in March, Release in BUILD

WZOR must be Microsoft, or the dude is slick as hell not being caught yet.

WZOR has posted some new screen-shots of the 2014 Update, and Neowin News has also detail reported about it.

Some guys might wonder if the new power button on Start Screen would have something new (like the "Slide-to-shutdown" thing for example)......well, it's just the same like the menu from Charm Bar, as shown from this win8china blog:

are these from the final build, or is it not known/known which build?

WZOR must be Microsoft, or the dude is slick as hell not being caught yet.

are these from the final build, or is it not known/known which build?

They did not mention, but it's probably the same build as WZOR(compiled Jan 14.).

Looks like a lot of nice updates that probably should have been there at the start, but hey, it's only further proving the whole every other release thing. The first time they may have good ideas, but the execution is poor, the second time around they get the execution right and build something great. I'm looking forward to what they end up with in 9.

Nice changes overall though I think the right click menu they've added to the start screen for mouse users need to have the metro style added to them instead of the older desktop style IMO.   I'm very interested in what other changes they add to this update, it also points to what some are saying that Windows 9 won't be as big of an update as some think.  There could also be a second update to 8.1 later this year that adds more stuff yet again.

Second, new leaked shots show that Microsoft is adding mouse-friendly and desktop-like context menus to the Start screen. I had heard about this feature generally a while back, but I can add some details here you won't read elsewhere, since seeing these shots brings together two pieces of Update 1 information I had obtained but didn't previously understand. And it goes like this:

This feature is being added to all Metro apps as well, not just to the Start screen.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-update-1-preview-more-good-news-pc-users

post-62693-0-71993200-1390743214.jpg

I think the user menu | search | power are too close to each other and look just ugly.

They should put the power options in the user menu. :/ Why the ###### would anyone need a power button prominently on the screen?

attachicon.gifupdate1-leak3-hero1.jpg

I think the user menu | search | power are too close to each other and look just ugly.

They should put the power options in the user menu. :/ Why the **** would anyone need a power button prominently on the screen?

Because there were alot of first time Windows 8 users that took a good 30 minutes to find the option to power off/reboot. That in itself is really bad design. 

Because there were alot of first time Windows 8 users that took a good 30 minutes to find the option to power off/reboot. That in itself is really bad design. 

That is still a lousy reason and even pre-Win8 did not have it directly on the taskbar/desktop. I am guessing you missed my comment about putting it in the user menu.

Most of those "Windows 8 users" will need simply guide for basic things otherwise MS will have to put everything on the screen.

Why the **** would anyone need a power button prominently on the screen?

because we have learned in the last year that even tech savvy "power users" apparently have trouble figuring these things out.

its ok, daddy Microsoft will make it all better :pacifier:

the power button on the screen is very helpful when you have a tablet.

Sarcasm?

Anyways, a thought not in response to the above quote,

There's now at least 3 Start buttons, 3 power buttons and 2 search buttons.  I understand tech support can be difficult, but this is kinda funny.

Very upsetting Microsoft is being controlled by consumers to reverse progress. I hope the end result isn't hindered by all of this. We're supposed to have one OS for all devices. With the desktop being made a bigger part in the next release of Windows, its like its not going away and the Modern UI will be held behind from being made better because there busy working on a legacy approach.

We need more functionality in the Modern UI and less dependencies on the desktop. We need a SkyDrive/OneDrive app that truly succeeds Windows Explorer functionality. Not basic management. We need real integration between devices like SMS from your tablet or Xbox sorta like ActiveSync could do with Windows Mobile. Or Office and IE on the Xbox as Modern UI apps with the tablet as the controller for scrolling and typing not from a smart glass app but from IE to IE on Xbox and Office to Office on Xbox. To be able to pull up IE from the bottom of your tablet and push it up and see it slide in on the TV. This innovation will keep getting pushed back because we aren't expecting this from Microsoft but resistance to change and expecting the old to come back...

...seems a leak will not happen, at least in the near future:  :(

screen_198_zps25309c7a.jpg

Google translate

at this stage of works on Windows 8.1 2014 Update leaks still not scheduled.
all assemblies are digitally personalized signature, it will show immediately on the source of the leak .. and yet so much ahead of other interesting :)
as soon as possible to provide safe assembly so it will be done immediately!

Neowin News has just posted a screenshot of "taskbar on modern app screen", but I guess is not what it described, the shot came from @Painter in PCPortal: http://pcportal.org.ru/forum/8-5442-104350-16-1391158651

Bing translate

In the General box: 

-When you start the application "Modern UI" leaves the task bar, but it quite a bit has changed now (hehe, and then crawls down):
258541163.jpg
Click to enlarge (1024x768px-656.2 Kb)

The pictures below inside sgtools Wzor'a shows that the SkyDrive now on tiles labeled as OneDrive, this action is, in the whole system of all titles SkyDrive replaced OneDrive, even here:
918057835.jpg
Click to enlarge (468x560px-69.1 Kb)

Ps for those who were scared by the ModernApp'ov header-it appears when you hover, so it is not (so f

Very upsetting Microsoft is being controlled by consumers to reverse progress. I hope the end result isn't hindered by all of this. We're supposed to have one OS for all devices. With the desktop being made a bigger part in the next release of Windows, its like its not going away and the Modern UI will be held behind from being made better because there busy working on a legacy approach.

We need more functionality in the Modern UI and less dependencies on the desktop. We need a SkyDrive/OneDrive app that truly succeeds Windows Explorer functionality. Not basic management. We need real integration between devices like SMS from your tablet or Xbox sorta like ActiveSync could do with Windows Mobile. Or Office and IE on the Xbox as Modern UI apps with the tablet as the controller for scrolling and typing not from a smart glass app but from IE to IE on Xbox and Office to Office on Xbox. To be able to pull up IE from the bottom of your tablet and push it up and see it slide in on the TV. This innovation will keep getting pushed back because we aren't expecting this from Microsoft but resistance to change and expecting the old to come back...

Not just any consumers, I feel like they're paying more attention to the trolls on Reddit, than to any consumer with a legitimate concern.

Windows 8.1 Update 1 is looking more and more like trash each day, and that MSFT developers and managers have lost their ingenuity. I guess this blog (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/stories/design/) went right out the window.

P.S. for those who were scared by the ModernApp'ov header-it appears when you hover

Ugh. Yuck. More Hidden UI. This is like a bad habit for an operating system.

That's how it should be until they're in actual floating windows the top menu UI should get out of the way in full screen and only show up when there's a mouse in use, it's smart design. When you're using a mouse and moving it around the screen then it'll show, it's not like the charms bar that needs a specific action to be shown, they'll show with any little movement of the pointer.

Would you rather a cluttered screen full of controls you don't need every given second?

• Like 2

That's how it should be until they're in actual floating windows the top menu UI should get out of the way in full screen and only show up when there's a mouse in use, it's smart design. When you're using a mouse and moving it around the screen then it'll show, it's not like the charms bar that needs a specific action to be shown, they'll show with any little movement of the pointer.

Would you rather a cluttered screen full of controls you don't need every given second?

Captions Buttons. And cheating at designing a good interface. In case anyone has been paying attention, this is why people hate metro. It's not a painting. It's a program. No one likes hidden controls except for anyone calling it "Stylish." Which it's Not. It's a cheap trick for the designer to think they've out smarted actually having to take some time and come up with a decent interface.

And cluttered? Maybe you'd like to tell me how awesome it is to click twice for everything to bring up that icon bar? Why is it better for clicking twice? It's supposed to be a program, not a painting. And the cut off pages, and the poor color scheming. It's a formatting nightmare.

Captions Buttons. And cheating at designing a good interface. In case anyone has been paying attention, this is why people hate metro. It's not a painting. It's a program. No one likes hidden controls except for anyone calling it "Stylish." Which it's Not. It's a cheap trick for the designer to think they've out smarted actually having to take some time and come up with a decent interface.

"Stylish", maybe. But tucked away controls are quite functional. I don't leave everything out all over the work on my (physical) desk, so why would I (or anyone else) want everything out over the work on my screen?

"Stylish", maybe. But tucked away controls are quite functional. I don't leave everything out all over the work on my (physical) desk, so why would I (or anyone else) want everything out over the work on my screen?

What's the quote from Albert Einstein about an empty desk?

And cluttered? Maybe you'd like to tell me how awesome it is to click twice for everything to bring up that icon bar? Why is it better for clicking twice? It's supposed to be a program, not a painting. And the cut off pages, and the poor color scheming. It's a formatting nightmare.

Hidden controls are in lots of UIs used in lots of OS', and besides what are the classic right click context menus that have been in use for years other than "hidden UI controls"? You need to move on, not everything needs to be visible for a UI to work, if people can figure it out on their smartphones they can figure it out on other devices.

• Like 3