• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#196 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 31 May 2014 - 15:53

Great to see more beta footage.

I was hoping to see more FPS games to help gauge the latency for those with a good connection. The guy there had mentioned he was going to try the sniper game, which would have been more useful to see.

The issue with video quality is certainly there. I wonder if its simply Sony prioritizing a smooth stream with minimal latency over picture quality. Hopefully they can find a better balance, but we may be seeing the current limitations of such a service. Pricing will be very important if there is still an issue with video quality at launch.

#197 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:32

Yeah if I somehow had the ability to invite people I no doubt would. I just lucked out and got chosen. I believe I fit the criteria since I had a fast connection and from what I could gather on Neogaf a lot of the people who were chosen also live on the East Coast.

Wish I could say more. I did just check out Ghost Warrior Sniper 2 on my PS4. Without going into too much detail all I will say is if the price is reasonable, I think the service would be beyond worth it. I truly do. Wish I could say more, as I feel like I probably maybe even said to much already. Anyone interested in further details can always contact me.

EDIT - Thought this was very cool, any game you check out in Now, shows up on the PS4 XMB just like a game you own...

xmbPS4.jpg

#198 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:16

Yeah if I somehow had the ability to invite people I no doubt would. I just lucked out and got chosen. I believe I fit the criteria since I had a fast connection and from what I could gather on Neogaf a lot of the people who were chosen also live on the East Coast.

Wish I could say more. I did just check out Ghost Warrior Sniper 2 on my PS4. Without going into too much detail all I will say is if the price is reasonable, I think the service would be beyond worth it. I truly do. Wish I could say more, as I feel like I probably maybe even said to much already. Anyone interested in further details can always contact me.

EDIT - Thought this was very cool, any game you check out in Now, shows up on the PS4 XMB just like a game you own...

attachicon.gifxmbPS4.jpg

I know you might not be able to answer this Larry, but are the loading times 1:1 with what the PS3 loading times would be, or longer/shorter?

Part of me wants to think loading times could be a lot shorter as it's not running on your native hardware, but I guess whatever servers it's running from are technically "native hardware", and then streaming itself could add time to loading screens.

#199 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:41

I know you might not be able to answer this Larry, but are the loading times 1:1 with what the PS3 loading times would be, or longer/shorter?

Part of me wants to think loading times could be a lot shorter as it's not running on your native hardware, but I guess whatever servers it's running from are technically "native hardware", and then streaming itself could add time to loading screens.

Seem much shorter to me actually. Then again I never played most of the games I played last night, but I was very surprised by how fast both of them loaded. In fact one of them seemed to be going through a intro movie and just kind of ended as it was ready for me to press start to begin. So yeah I do think they are loading faster actually. Definitely not slower, I can confirm that.

#200 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 14 June 2014 - 00:17

I'm in now too

#201 Polonium

Polonium

Neowinian

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:40

I've just seen that Sony are now charging extortionate amounts for beta users to use the system.

This will fail day one if those prices are the the ones they use once it goes live.

Plus, to charge beta users? Seriously ?

#202 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:04

This will fail day one if those prices are the the ones they use once it goes live.

Plus, to charge beta users? Seriously ?

I don't think the prices are that bad where some are priced at 19.99 for 90 days.  People seem to forget that this is aimed at people who don't own those consoles - people who may own a Bravia TV and want to play the odd game from time to time.  Now their lower tier pricing certainly needs some adjustment and that's why they have betas, to give this sort of feedback.

Also, did you really expect them to just make a couple dozen games completely free to play?  I think you have some unrealistic expectations here.

#203 Polonium

Polonium

Neowinian

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:59

Charging for a beta is hardly having unrealistic expectations.... What next? Charge for a demo?

Oh wait.....they did that already as well.

#204 compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:16

I have to agree about the pricing, it seems a bit steep.

I dig PS Now but if the pricing is absurd I don't know how popular it will be.