Samsung invents Windows 8

oh Sammy

A personalized Magazine UX, specifically optimized for a large screen, allows users to further tailor their Galaxy tablet experience for their own needs. The UX enables them to organize their favorite content in an easy-to-use dashboard with automatic feed or news updates and then quickly access the most frequently used apps for a more comfortable reading experience. By utilizing a screen size that is more comparable to traditional magazine-sized material, content is easier to view in its original format when reading digital magazines or e-books.

inLGyjdb7Kits.jpg

When asked about similarities between Windows 8.1 and the Magazine UX, Samsung?s senior director of product planning dismissed the claims. He went on to say that it doesn?t matter and as long as consumers like it, they can compare it to Windows or something else.

http://microsoft-news.com/samsung-announces-new-magazine-ux-for-android-devices-looks-a-lot-like-windows-8-start-screen-experience/

Doesn't matter? Samsung took huge flak for copying Apple - even hiring the same actor for their commercials as Apple, and now they wanna say "Who cares?"

Wow.

So, Windows was based off of copied ideas.  Not sure what the problem this is as long as they change it enough to not infringe on any copyrights.

Really getting tired of whenever a company releases something...OH NO!!!  THEY COPIED SOMEONE ELSE!!   It is past getting old.

Oh, and nice OP title change from the original article...../s

• Like 2

First they reveal a new PC that's a direct clone of the iMac and now this. Quite a shameful week for Samsung.

I have to wonder if working for their design team consists of anything other than buying other products and jotting down their specifications.

And?  Who really cares?  Not consumers!

They'll care when they think they're buying one thing, when they're really buying another.

They'll care when they think they're buying one thing, when they're really buying another.

In what way will they "think they are buying one thing" if they are educated enough to know what "another" is?  That is stupidity on the consumer's part.

its extermely annoying when someone spend time and effort to create something new then someone else take all your efforts just like that

Microsoft really need to stop this copycat................

In what way will they "think they are buying one thing" if they are educated enough to know what "another" is?  That is stupidity on the consumer's part.

You must not know consumers then.

This always cracks me up.  If someone goes in to a store looking for one product and gets confused and buys another, that person is a real idiot.  Content is labeled clearly for people to see.  If you are spending money on something, you are stupid for not checking to make sure that is what you wanted and what you were getting before walking out of the store.  You can blame confusing products all you want, but at some point people need to take responsibility to.

In this day and age, there is no reason why anyone cannot know for sure what they want, and what they get.  Info is readily available in multiple formats.  Just a scape goat for idiots not thinking.

• Like 1

You must not know consumers then.

Having marketed within retain, I think I know them fairly well cheers.  And as such, your average tablet consumer wants an iPad.  Then they want "another tablet" and are generally steered by the sales assistant.  If they are educated enough to want a "Windows tablet" and walk away with a skinned up Android, then that is entirely their issue and not anyone elses.

Having marketed within retain, I think I know them fairly well cheers.  And as such, your average tablet consumer wants an iPad.  Then they want "another tablet" and are generally steered by the sales assistant.  If they are educated enough to want a "Windows tablet" and walk away with a skinned up Android, then that is entirely their issue and not anyone elses.

A PR disaster in the waiting for not one, but two, possibly three companies, IMO. All it takes it one consumer to make a stink, and you're feeling the pinch.

A PR disaster in the waiting for not one, but two, possibly three companies, IMO. All it takes it one consumer to make a stink, and you're feeling the pinch.

Not even remotely true.

Exactly.  Seems like people who do this want an easy out so they will complain to have someone else pay for their own stupidity.

You're giving people a huge benefit of the doubt there, along with the "sales people".

Not to mention the trouble now in marketing two different things from two different companies that look the same. Last thing MSFT needs is someone asking for the "Microsoft Galaxy Tab" or the "Samsung Surface". (I've seen that happen with Apple, when people ask about the "Apple Galaxy", "Apple Droid", and even "Samsung iPhone".)

Last thing MSFT needs is someone asking for the "Microsoft Galaxy Tab" or the "Samsung Surface"

You're clutching at straws.  Consumers don't care about brand names when you're not a market leader (or thereabouts).  Also, sorry but I'm not entertaining the conversation any further.  You're inventing scenarios that I have found time and time again in a professional and researched manner do not occur.

• Like 2

You're giving people a huge benefit of the doubt there, along with the "sales people".

Not to mention the trouble now in marketing two different things from two different companies that look the same. Last thing MSFT needs is someone asking for the "Microsoft Galaxy Tab" or the "Samsung Surface". (I've seen that happen with Apple, when people ask about the "Apple Galaxy", "Apple Droid", and even "Samsung iPhone".)

Lol your posts are cracking me up.  People know how to read.. they know that android != windows just like they know linux != windows (even if they looked simmilar.. which they can).

it's pretty hilarious. Can't wait until samsung sells more "metro" tablets than actual surfaces'.  :laugh: Also, MS copies others.so have some of dat medicine booy!

First they reveal a new PC that's a direct clone of the iMac and now this. Quite a shameful week for Samsung.

I have to wonder if working for their design team consists of anything other than buying other products and jotting down their specifications.

FWIW the PC platform had the first AIOs I think. TRS-80? Osborne?