USB Hand Warmer Gloves?

Does anyone own a pair of USB powered hand warmer gloves? I remember seeing them listed on www.ThinkGeek.com but they no longer seem available. I did see a few on Amazon, but I never trust the reviews posted there for anything.

Do your hands really get that cold in doors? I mean firstly, in doors I don't think I get cold hands at all, never mind to the point that regular gloves wouldnt be good enough and I needed heated gloves? I guess you could take a laptop outside but the battery is only going to last so long so I can't see this being the scenario that people would buy something like this for.

So although I can't offer any advice on how good they are, I am really intrigued to know what scenario they are good for?

Do your hands really get that cold in doors?

I was under the impression that the USB aspect of them was for charging a battery, rather than having to have the gloves plugged in to a computer all the time?

I was under the impression that the USB aspect of them was for charging a battery, rather than having to have the gloves plugged in to a computer all the time?

Thanks Nick, you couldn't of just PM'ed me to tell me I was being an idiot, do it in front of everyone  :blush:

Yes, that would be a far more logical explanation for this HOWEVER I would then have more "concerns" about having a current (all be it small) running through my gloves if it started to rain. 

• Like 2

Thanks Nick, you couldn't of just PM'ed me to tell me I was being an idiot, do it in front of everyone  :blush:

To be honest I thought the same thing. I pictured someone sitting at their computer typing in a pair of gloves. :laugh:

Anyway if they just have a rechargeable battery wouldn't a normal AC adapter make more sense? I think wall outlets would be much easier to find than USB ports and they can provide more power so faster charging. Also I could see a car charger plug being useful for those cold morning commutes.

Ha, sorry. :laugh: For what it's worth, I know that there are people that suffer from poor blood circulation, and as a result their hands are always very cold. Your thinking wouldn't be entirely outside the realms of possibility for people like that. ;)

To be honest I thought the same thing. I pictured someone sitting at their computer typing in a pair of gloves. :laugh:

Thank you, I don't feel so bad now.

In all honesty, a couple of "reviews" on things like Amazon actually suggest the users are using them sat at a computer typing so we may not have actually been wrong.

usb-heating-gloves.jpg

Do your hands really get that cold in doors? I mean firstly, in doors I don't think I get cold hands at all, never mind to the point that regular gloves wouldnt be good enough and I needed heated gloves? I guess you could take a laptop outside but the battery is only going to last so long so I can't see this being the scenario that people would buy something like this for.

So although I can't offer any advice on how good they are, I am really intrigued to know what scenario they are good for?

LOL, yeah my hands get quite cold when I'm in my work's office, on the 30th floor next to the clouds. My desk is right next to a giant window which does not do a good job of keeping the cold out, especially the past few days with this "polar vortex" phenomena sending sub-zero temperatures our way. I have seen these types of devices around in the past on ThinkGeek's site, and at the time I thought "who would ever buy and risk their precious programmer hands with these gizmo's?"

Funny how things change now, where I'm considering getting one of these.

Yes, that would be a far more logical explanation for this HOWEVER I would then have more "concerns" about having a current (all be it small) running through my gloves if it started to rain. 

LOL, yeah I was thinking along the same lines on the electric current wrapped around my hands. Obviously I would be using these indoors and only in my work's office place during the winter months (and summers as well if the cranky old geezers don't turn up the AC to full blast).

I've since thought I'd stop looking into getting these hand-warmer gloves, on the count that I'd be ridiculed in the office. :p

They're not really going to help more than a regular pair of gloves. The way these things usually work is they just have copper which warms up, and in general you probably won't even realise they're on when they are on.