Photo

The Elder Scrolls Online

official the elder scrolls online the elder scrolls zenimax online studios mmo pc ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#1 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,952 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:20

Now I know the game isn't out till April 4th and that we aren't supposed to discuss anything in the beta but for now thought that people could discuss their hopes and fears about the game and also thought it would be kind of interesting to see who got into the beta.

So first up, I received this e-mail earlier this evening:

a1J6VLA.png

The game is currently downloading, 21gig! I've still not really made my mind up about the game but I've been itching to play it so looking forward to finishing work on Friday so I can give it a bash!

#2 GilgaMesh

GilgaMesh

Neowinian

• 37 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:28

I got the same E-Mail. See you in game :)

#3 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,192 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:30

let me be the first one to state that the game has a Non Disclosure Agreement and you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talen trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself.

this is to protect you and our forum.

Otherwise, i hope you enjoy it. I participated in several of the other betas for it in the last few months and was very underwhelmed by it.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,230 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:31

Nothing wrong with making an [official] topic, I don't think we have one for TES:O yet.

Gotta move it to the general gaming area though as it's multiplatform (Y)

#5 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• 288 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:32

I have also received the email tonight, bit bummed that it starts at 11pm GMT though. Especially as I'm away from my computer Saturday and Sunday :(

#6 OP The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

• 1,952 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:38

let me be the first one to state that the game has a Non Disclosure Agreement and you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talen trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself.

this is to protect you and our forum.

Otherwise, i hope you enjoy it. I participated in several of the other betas for it in the last few months and was very underwhelmed by it.

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to make it in case anyone had skipped over the NDA while redeeming their beta key but let's hope they have more sense than to post about it!

I'm guessing that everyone who completed the process for beta participation has got this. Hopefully the servers can handle it, I'd just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to play till launch :p

#7 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,021 posts
  • Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:45

Finally got my email today too, I've been applying for beta access repeatedly since it first went open to apply.

Looking forward to the weekend.

#8 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,054 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:49

Didn't sign up, and didn't get a beta.  Let me know how it is, I heard reports that it is notoriously buggy (or at least previous beta versions were).

#9 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,192 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:50

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to make it in case anyone had skipped over the NDA while redeeming their beta key but let's hope they have more sense than to post about it!

I'm guessing that everyone who completed the process for beta participation has got this. Hopefully the servers can handle it, I'd just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to play till launch :p

nice edit at the top that should do the trick. Just trying to keep people safe. and i am sure we will monitor to clean up any mistakes people make.

you can still discuss how fun it is and minor stuff like how not epic a fight you had was or how poorly your character walks as he moves faster than his steps make him appear to move and other hilarious horrible parts of the game :p

#10 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• 288 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:50

The game is currently downloading, 21gig!

Oh jeesus. I'm doubting mine will download by Friday.

Wish BT had stuck to their forecasted dates for fibre in my area. 2013 they said, it's now 2014...

#11 OP The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

• 1,952 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 21:54

Oh jeesus. I'm doubting mine will download by Friday.

Wish BT had stuck to their forecasted dates for fibre in my area. 2013 they said, it's now 2014...

Same here, I'm getting a new computer tomorrow and thought I'd let the game download then copy it over to my new computer tomorrow but I doubt it will be finished in time so just cancelled it. WoW is about 28Gb I think and last time I downloaded it it took a full day so if I start downloading it tomorrow night I should have it in time :D But yeah, fibre needs to hurry up in my area too!

#12 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• 6,701 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:20

grrr. I wanted to play..  Hopefully they will give out more keys soon.. I would love to test this on my rig

#13 Slugsie

Slugsie

NeoSlug

• 896 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:38

I also got the email. :)

Downloaded and installed which took a couple hours on my FTTC connection. :)

Just need active servers now.

#14 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:38

I have also received the email tonight, bit bummed that it starts at 11pm GMT though. Especially as I'm away from my computer Saturday and Sunday :(

Just got my email :)

11pm is perfect for me, just back from pub ;)

#15 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• 470 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:48

I participated in a test in November. The game is a lot of fun but I recommend playing in first person to make it feel more like and elder scrolls game.