Now I know the game isn't out till April 4th and that we aren't supposed to discuss anything in the beta but for now thought that people could discuss their hopes and fears about the game and also thought it would be kind of interesting to see who got into the beta.

So first up, I received this e-mail earlier this evening:

a1J6VLA.png

The game is currently downloading, 21gig! I've still not really made my mind up about the game but I've been itching to play it so looking forward to finishing work on Friday so I can give it a bash!

let me be the first one to state that the game has a Non Disclosure Agreement and you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talen trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself.

this is to protect you and our forum.

Otherwise, i hope you enjoy it. I participated in several of the other betas for it in the last few months and was very underwhelmed by it.

Nothing wrong with making an [official] topic, I don't think we have one for TES:O yet.

Gotta move it to the general gaming area though as it's multiplatform (Y)

I have also received the email tonight, bit bummed that it starts at 11pm GMT though. Especially as I'm away from my computer Saturday and Sunday :(

let me be the first one to state that the game has a Non Disclosure Agreement and you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talen trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself.

this is to protect you and our forum.

Otherwise, i hope you enjoy it. I participated in several of the other betas for it in the last few months and was very underwhelmed by it.

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to make it in case anyone had skipped over the NDA while redeeming their beta key but let's hope they have more sense than to post about it!

I'm guessing that everyone who completed the process for beta participation has got this. Hopefully the servers can handle it, I'd just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to play till launch :P

Finally got my email today too, I've been applying for beta access repeatedly since it first went open to apply.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Didn't sign up, and didn't get a beta.  Let me know how it is, I heard reports that it is notoriously buggy (or at least previous beta versions were).

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to make it in case anyone had skipped over the NDA while redeeming their beta key but let's hope they have more sense than to post about it!

I'm guessing that everyone who completed the process for beta participation has got this. Hopefully the servers can handle it, I'd just resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to play till launch :p

nice edit at the top that should do the trick. Just trying to keep people safe. and i am sure we will monitor to clean up any mistakes people make.

you can still discuss how fun it is and minor stuff like how not epic a fight you had was or how poorly your character walks as he moves faster than his steps make him appear to move and other hilarious horrible parts of the game :P

The game is currently downloading, 21gig!

Oh jeesus. I'm doubting mine will download by Friday.

Wish BT had stuck to their forecasted dates for fibre in my area. 2013 they said, it's now 2014...

Oh jeesus. I'm doubting mine will download by Friday.

Wish BT had stuck to their forecasted dates for fibre in my area. 2013 they said, it's now 2014...

Same here, I'm getting a new computer tomorrow and thought I'd let the game download then copy it over to my new computer tomorrow but I doubt it will be finished in time so just cancelled it. WoW is about 28Gb I think and last time I downloaded it it took a full day so if I start downloading it tomorrow night I should have it in time :D But yeah, fibre needs to hurry up in my area too!

I also got the email. :)

Downloaded and installed which took a couple hours on my FTTC connection. :)

Just need active servers now.

I have also received the email tonight, bit bummed that it starts at 11pm GMT though. Especially as I'm away from my computer Saturday and Sunday :(

Just got my email :)

11pm is perfect for me, just back from pub ;)

I participated in a test in November. The game is a lot of fun but I recommend playing in first person to make it feel more like and elder scrolls game.

My head is playing with me or something.  Memory tells me that I did have an email at Gmail with that title "Elder Scrolls Online - Beta Test Invitation".  I think I may have deleted the mail after I read it.  Now after reading this post and went and log in my mail and I could not find that mail.

Until ESO comes out of beta and has been released it has a Non Disclosure Agreement which states that you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talent trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself. Please refrain from posting any beta materials in this thread. Thank you.

So what is the point of this thread...?

To me this game looks extremely bland as far as the armor design and character designs go. The game play also looked uninteresting as well. I think I will avoid it for the first 2 or 3 months to see how it goes.

I feel like the game will sell really well though because people are going to expect it to be Skyrim but online. And I also feel like it will die really fast because people will realize it's in fact not skyrim.

I may be surprised though.

So what is the point of this thread...?

We can still talk about our experiences, whether we are enjoying it or not, talk about news, see who's in the beta, trade usernames, etc. As you can see from all of the other posts there is plenty of interest.

I participated in a test in November. The game is a lot of fun but I recommend playing in first person to make it feel more like and elder scrolls game.

I've always played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in third person. I like seeing my character. :)

This will be the MMO to end all other MMOs if they don't screw this up. They need to do extremely well in beta and keep the content coming. I tried the previous beta and it was nice. When it goes live my focus will be the crafting system if it is good and not watered down. Not too hard like Aion's where you have to proc an item 4 times in a row to get something good but not worthless like crafting is in Rift.

I also got the email. :)

Downloaded and installed which took a couple hours on my FTTC connection. :)

Just need active servers now.

I envy you! 6GB overnight 11pm-8am.