I caved and bought this game and love it - love the combat, love the lore, love the questing!

I don't understand the hate toward it being a reskinned MMO, it plays so different to other MMOs for me.

same here, i didn't play skyrim, but i played all the way through oblivion, and watched friends play skyrim, and ESO is very close to it.  it's pretty fun, except i have an awful time trying to stay in the game.  it keeps crashing and kicking me out.

we'll see how it turns out after the 30 free days

Having now played it myself, I can now confirm that it does not playing like Skyrim. Key differences are ones that were necessary to make it an MMO although I really don't think they needed to add classes.

It's sort-of an Elder Scrolls game, but certainly not the same.

Game doesn't really have classes though, it does but it doesn't. it's more like skill lines. you chose to be a mage, a fighter a healer or a ranger/stealth/assasin type. 

even then all the classes can do everything anyway... just more specialized, afterall a mage who studied magic is likely to be more magy than a brawny fighter :)

Game doesn't really have classes though, it does but it doesn't. it's more like skill lines. you chose to be a mage, a fighter a healer or a ranger/stealth/assasin type. 

even then all the classes can do everything anyway... just more specialized, afterall a mage who studied magic is likely to be more magy than a brawny fighter :)

Yes but it changes how the game plays. It's no longer off-hand and main-hand weapon/spell/shield. But weapons + abilities which you can use regardless of what's in your hands. It's very much more like a standard MMO than an ES game.

Does it have issues, yes.

Is it perfect, of course not.

Am I having fun, you bet.

Do I feel it is worth the price of admission, sure thing.

Is it for everyone, nope.

Will I continue to play while enjoying myself, you can count on it.

But does it have Dova-speak? I need to hear more of the "akatosh" goodness. "Kroces" for going off-topic a little.

Don't mean to spoil it for anyone so don't answer if it is spoilery - but are dragons prominent in it? From what i've seen it does not seem to be the case.

Elder Scrolls Online's Grind Begins Before You Even Start The Game

npaecatzwbvagqv0iuzl.jpg

Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi - never a bastion of serious business - has a sticker for The Elder Scrolls Online that is as funny as it is foreboding.

And yes, Americans, that $88 pricetag is correct. That works out to be USD$81.50 by today's conversion.

Source: Kotaku

Been absent from this thread for a while, during the beta I decided that I didn't really want the game but last week I ended up buying it and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Was rather pleased to hear that everyone will be getting 5 days of free game time as well due to the problems during the launch month :)!

They're probably better off for it. The pc version should have been delayed 6 months, too.

The game is by no means bad but it's had so many bad issues, some of them game breaking.  Also it seems like there is a lack of end game content besides pvp. No unique weapons or armor to go after, nothing. Running the same dungeons over and over gets old pretty fast.

Well, we'll see how the new adventure zone goes which seems like it will be out in another week or two.

• 5 weeks later...

What's happening with this game? Almost never see it on Twitch anymore, most people that were playing it seem to have transferred to Wildstar or back to WoW. Also, the usual places that I go to rarely mention the game? Have the numbers started crumbling already?

What's happening with this game? Almost never see it on Twitch anymore, most people that were playing it seem to have transferred to Wildstar or back to WoW. Also, the usual places that I go to rarely mention the game? Have the numbers started crumbling already?

Only the truly hardcore can survive The Elder Bots Online. There's probably more connected bots in the game than players at any given time.

• 1 month later...

Took the plunge and got this on sale on Steam for $30. A friend of mine got it too, so maybe we can get into it together. I remember not being terribly impressed by the beta, however.

At about 50GB, looks like I will not get to playing until tomorrow, lol.

I almost bought this until I saw Angry Joes review. This game seems to make it as difficult as possible to play with friends, or even just other people. 

I almost bought this until I saw Angry Joes review. This game seems to make it as difficult as possible to play with friends, or even just other people. 

huh ? how so. I had no problems playing with my friends at launch and it's hardly changed to make it harder...

huh ? how so. I had no problems playing with my friends at launch and it's hardly changed to make it harder...

When questing together you phase out from each other so can't help out, which was a real nuisance in dungeons with puzzles etc.

Skip to 11:18

When questing together you phase out from each other so can't help out, which was a real nuisance in dungeons with puzzles etc.

Skip to 11:18

You're confusing things. that's for a few special class quests, same as in some other games like Secret World and SWTOR.  over dramatizing first, don't judge a game you haven't even played I say. 

Really sucks they aren't providing Steam keys to original buyers. Easy to get around any worries about selling it / gifting it if they use an account link process.