Photo

The Elder Scrolls Online

official the elder scrolls online the elder scrolls zenimax online studios mmo pc ps4 xbox one

331 replies to this topic

#211 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,341 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:01

The more zoomed out you are the more you are behind the character, so at max zoom the camera is mostly directly behind the character, hat view I don't mind so much. I understand the need to offset the camera as you get closer to some degree, but the amount they use is ridiculous, and really annoying. when you have the camera directly behind the character there's a huge distance between the character and cursor. 

And I can't stand playing RPG's in first person. 

#212 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:07

I agree with you there. In a game that features large scale rvr using first person view is just going to severely cut down on your situational awareness. I'm not sure why anyone would want to use first person view to be honest.

#213 Slugsie

Slugsie

NeoSlug

• 826 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 14:28

I personally can't stand *not* being in first person. It's disorienting for me, and I have ended up not playing certain games that I would otherwise enjoy simply because they only allow third person (Red Dead Redemption being a prime example). I respect that I'm in the minority here, but I appreciate the choice.

As to the animations I found appalling, three instances stick out. First was when the prophet dude (whatever he was called) took me to meet The Five, and they started talking individually I had no idea which was talking because the entire talking animation was just a slight movement of the lips, even when one of them was speaking in a grandiose manner. Then when one was being flung around by Molag, their animation looked like a bad attempt at break dancing. And finally, the one that had me laughing, was when you shoot a deer with an arrow. Every single time they just rise up on their hind legs, then flop down in a manner that would bring a tear to the eye of am-dram actor hamming up a death scene.

One other thing that just made the world seem ...odd, in the likes of Oblivion and Skyrim when you see something lying on a table or the floor or whatever you can at least mouse over it and get some info about it, even if actually picking it up instantly brands you a theif. In ESO it's like it isn't there, and makes the world just feel empty. I realise it's a side effect of an MMO, but it breaks the immersion for me.

#214 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,341 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 15:30

Read dead redemption is not a RPG and plays differently, what you shoot is what you hit, this isn't the case with ESO, ESO plays like WoW but uses the camera/crosshairs as a way to target instead of mouse and tab targeting.

#215 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,500 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 15:36

I just don't see myself playing a MMO with a controller.

I like Skyrim but it is unplayable with a mouse and keyboard unless you mod the hell out of it. And these days i feel like i'm too old to mod. I just don't have a weekend to waste modding a game because the dev doesn't care about PC gaming. I played SKyrim with a controller and it was ok but it could have been su much better with a proper UI and a mouse.

Unless Bethesda steps up its game and make a mouse friendly UI i'll have to skip this game. Skyrim had imo the worst UI ever created in the history of PC gaming.

#216 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,641 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 10 February 2014 - 15:48

Skyrim's UI sucked but come on it hardly takes all weekend to install SkyUI :)

#217 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,500 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 16:17

Dunno i installed it and it did not work out of the box like Morrowind UI mod did. Then i learned i had to install some third party app to improve Skyrim scripting ability for it to work. And then i learned i had to launch the game using a special launcher instead of launching it via Steam. Then i was so frustrated with Bestheada level of failure that i decided to play the game with a controller. It's not like it is an online fps anyway. This is how bethesda wants you to play their games in the end. They spend a lot of time to be sure you do play them with a controller. Anyway personally i'm done with Bethesda on PC i wont ever buy any of their PC game again. They lost me as a customer after Skyrim.

[edit] It's not only about the UI tough it's about the ini modifications you have the make in all of their games too. In Skyrim the only way to turn off mouse accel, DoP and radial blur is from the ini. Only way to change the FoV is from the ini.

#218 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 10 February 2014 - 16:33

Got the key from Curse yesterday.. currently over my internet cap so not going to download the client yet.. have heard mixed reviews.  Played the hell out of wow until it was dumbed down, and GW2 never kept my interest (the whole everyone can do everything thing bugged me).  

#219 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,341 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 16:45

Yesterday? Wasn't this another weekend beta ?

#220 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,370 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 10 February 2014 - 18:05

Each beta weekend they send me the same beta key and each time I tried to use it it said it was not valid.  I contacted supported, got one response but nothing after that.  They really don't want me to play this game apparently.  Oh well, their loss. :p

#221 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,341 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:33

Make sure when you copy/paste the key that you don't include the space at the end. 

#222 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:25

NSFW language

#223 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,043 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 16:17

According to the ESO newsfeed, the NDA was lifted yesterday.  So now we can finally start talking about our opinion of the game.

#224 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,816 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 15 February 2014 - 17:04

Or you could use Metro UI!

metroscrollsonline.png

#225 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,709 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 17:19

^ think I'd rather stick rusty nails in my eyes :p :laugh:

So where's all the details people, spill!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!