Photo

The Elder Scrolls Online

official the elder scrolls online the elder scrolls zenimax online studios mmo pc ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#16 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,547 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:51

My head is playing with me or something.  Memory tells me that I did have an email at Gmail with that title "Elder Scrolls Online - Beta Test Invitation".  I think I may have deleted the mail after I read it.  Now after reading this post and went and log in my mail and I could not find that mail.

#17 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,490 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:51

Until ESO comes out of beta and has been released it has a Non Disclosure Agreement which states that you are not allowed to post any screenshots, video, story components, talent trees, skill sets, armor options, or any other information about the content of the game itself. Please refrain from posting any beta materials in this thread. Thank you.

So what is the point of this thread...?

#18 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:58

To me this game looks extremely bland as far as the armor design and character designs go. The game play also looked uninteresting as well. I think I will avoid it for the first 2 or 3 months to see how it goes.

I feel like the game will sell really well though because people are going to expect it to be Skyrim but online. And I also feel like it will die really fast because people will realize it's in fact not skyrim.

I may be surprised though.

#19 OP The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,954 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:14

So what is the point of this thread...?

We can still talk about our experiences, whether we are enjoying it or not, talk about news, see who's in the beta, trade usernames, etc. As you can see from all of the other posts there is plenty of interest.

#20 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

• 7,110 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:24

I participated in a test in November. The game is a lot of fun but I recommend playing in first person to make it feel more like and elder scrolls game.

I've always played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in third person. I like seeing my character. :)

#21 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,376 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:30

Horrible horrible game. The only thing I could applaud it on was the environmental graphics and the performance.

#22 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,612 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:44

Got a beta code, 30GB download... FS! Screw my 3.5mb connection.

#23 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:52

Gotta luv fibre ;)

#24 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 2,031 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:15

This will be the MMO to end all other MMOs if they don't screw this up. They need to do extremely well in beta and keep the content coming. I tried the previous beta and it was nice. When it goes live my focus will be the crafting system if it is good and not watered down. Not too hard like Aion's where you have to proc an item 4 times in a row to get something good but not worthless like crafting is in Rift.

#25 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• 290 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:23

I also got the email. :)

Downloaded and installed which took a couple hours on my FTTC connection. :)

Just need active servers now.

I envy you! 6GB overnight 11pm-8am.

#26 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:25

Interesting.. the US version is only 21gb. Only..

This will be the MMO to end all other MMOs if they don't screw this up. They need to do extremely well in beta and keep the content coming. I tried the previous beta and it was nice. When it goes live my focus will be the crafting system if it is good and not watered down. Not too hard like Aion's where you have to proc an item 4 times in a row to get something good but not worthless like crafting is in Rift.

What makes you say that? Just about everything I've heard about the game is that it's disappointing in most ways that count.

The thing I'm most interested in seeing is how their mega server and RvR are gonna work. Beyond that the aesthetic of the game and the game play all looks pretty uninspired.

But like I said earlier..maybe I'll be surprised and actually like it. I'll probably be playing the beta this weekend.

#27 OP The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,954 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42

Interesting.. the US version is only 21gb. Only..

Same here and I'm in the UK. 

All of my friends that completed the eligibility process for beta consideration have been given these keys so it must be everyone who was eligible is getting one! Really starting to feel like it might be 5 mins online then 2 hours of servers crashing then trying to login and the login servers going down and blah blah. Oh well :p

#28 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,947 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:57

Same here and I'm in the UK. 

All of my friends that completed the eligibility process for beta consideration have been given these keys so it must be everyone who was eligible is getting one! Really starting to feel like it might be 5 mins online then 2 hours of servers crashing then trying to login and the login servers going down and blah blah. Oh well :p

A friend of mine tried out the last beta and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. They couldn't get on to play it. I had a key for the last beta too so I was glad I didn't bother downloading it after hearing that.

#29 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,797 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:13

Wasn't aware there was a beta for this, just signed up :)

#30 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,216 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:41

Played a few days of the beta. Its a well done mmorpg. Nothing new but really solid. But it's not that great.

Compared to the last final fantasy online last year what ever number it was, it kinda sucks and is bland. It pales in every way.