No, pre orders are allowed to play any race in any alliance. Whereas normally each of the three all cels have three races to pick from.

From what I'm reading it's a 10th race that is exclusive only to the imperial edition. Maybe their wording isn't very good, I don't know, but that's what I'm reading.

No, pre orders are allowed to play any race in any alliance. Whereas normally each of the three all cels have three races to pick from.

So you could be a night elf if you preorder?

So after looking into it a little more it seems that the Imperial race won't exactly be exclusive to the imperial edition after all. Instead (if the information is correct) people will be able to buy it as an "account service" for $20 after release.

Whatever happened to the theory that when you have to pay a sub fee for an mmo you get all the content? This is setting a dangerous precedent if it's all true.

So after looking into it a little more it seems that the Imperial race won't exactly be exclusive to the imperial edition after all. Instead (if the information is correct) people will be able to buy it as an "account service" for $20 after release.

Whatever happened to the theory that when you have to pay a sub fee for an mmo you get all the content? This is setting a dangerous precedent if it's all true.

What? Pretty sure games like WoW have done stuff like that (pets/mounts for example) and I am sure others have. Is the Imperial race only a cosmetic thing or does it have an effect on stats in any way? If it is only cosmetic then really it doesn't matter.

What? Pretty sure games like WoW have done stuff like that (pets/mounts for example) and I am sure others have. Is the Imperial race only a cosmetic thing or does it have an effect on stats in any way? If it is only cosmetic then really it doesn't matter.

Well each race has racial skills and the imperial race can join any alliance. So not's not only cosmetic. I don't think WoW has ever sold an entire race, though.

Well each race has racial skills and the imperial race can join any alliance. So not's not only cosmetic. I don't think WoW has ever sold an entire race, though.

Right, my point was that they wouldn't be the first to sell content that was not a part of the subscription fee. I hope they include a buddy pass with the game though. That'd be swell.

for those already in the beta looks like there is a new build and test for this weekend. if you are already a member then you already have access otherwise they will be sending out a new round of invites soon.

for those already in the beta looks like there is a new build and test for this weekend. if you are already a member then you already have access otherwise they will be sending out a new round of invites soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually looking forward to it.

i have not participated in the last 2 events i am going to update the client either today or tomorrow and see if it has gotten any better.

I got an invite this morning too, I wont be participating though. I was thoroughly disappointed on the last one

Speaking as someone with over 600 hours (and still growing thanks to mods) in Skyrim, I played the ESO beta awhile back expecting to be disappointed in it....though I don't think I was expecting to be quite that disappointed, as a result I haven't participated in the last two beta invites I received for ESO and won't be participating in this one.

Ugh, it kills me to read of people in here who are in the beta, not participating in the beta and here I am, no beta invite at all and chomping at the bit to beta test. What a cruel world. :cry:

Ugh, it kills me to read of people in here who are in the beta, not participating in the beta and here I am, no beta invite at all and chomping at the bit to beta test. What a cruel world. :cry:

I just got in and I only applied at the last test, so you should have one soon enough.

You're not missing anything. It's probably one of the worst major MMO games that I can remember. :/

In my initial run in with the beta I did as i always do with all beta tests i am in. I play for 3 hours, whether i hate it or not. I take notes of any issues i run in with. I take note of features i think are implemented poorly as well as noting things that i enjoy and like about the game that make it unique. I compile this list and submit it as feedback to the creature or organizer of the beta. At this point i usually go about the rest of my experience with Installation investigation as to what else is hidden in the beta that was meant as retail code that was not accessible in the beta and just general Asset mining.

You're not missing anything. It's probably one of the worst major MMO games that I can remember. :/

:(.  A guy at work is in the beta and his review was consistent with yours.  I was really looking forward to the release of this one, being a long time Elder Scrolls fan.

Is it bad because of obvious bad beta things, or is it just not right all around?