I guess I'm the odd one out. I thought the game was pretty decent except for a few things that were kind of annoying. Like people being able to take chests after I opened them and mining nodes not being shared. GW2 spoiled me as far as that goes.

But other than that I thought it was decent. I didn't get to play enough to make a super informed opinion though. 

Also I'm really not sure why anyone would go into ESO expecting it to be anything like Skyrim. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment by doing that, the only thing the two games have in common is the lore. Besides that the games are made by completely different companies.

I guess I'm the odd one out. I thought the game was pretty decent except for a few things that were kind of annoying. Like people being able to take chests after I opened them and mining nodes not being shared. GW2 spoiled me as far as that goes.

But other than that I thought it was decent. I didn't get to play enough to make a super informed opinion though. 

Also I'm really not sure why anyone would go into ESO expecting it to be anything like Skyrim. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment by doing that, the only thing the two games have in common is the lore. Besides that the games are made by completely different companies.

Doesn't really matter what companies make it (and they're actually the same company, zenimax and zenimax online, both owned by bethesda), what matters is the (lack of in this case) quality.

Doesn't really matter what companies make it (and they're actually the same company, zenimax and zenimax online, both owned by bethesda), what matters is the (lack of in this case) quality.

What was not "quality" about it? I have serious doubts about the game and I have no expectations for it so maybe that's why I think it's fine. Unlike most people it seems I was the only one not expecting it to be Skyrim 2.

Ugh, it kills me to read of people in here who are in the beta, not participating in the beta and here I am, no beta invite at all and chomping at the bit to beta test. What a cruel world. :cry:

Go to curse.com and apply there. I joined and was given a beta code immediately :D

Yes, this is like a World of Warcraft thing.

Depends on what you mean by that...

the only thing it has in common with WoW is lots of players online in the same world. 

Does it have Night Elf?

Dark elf, WoW has all the elf races screwed up compared to all other fantasy anyway. 

it has the same races as Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls. 

Go to curse.com and apply there. I joined and was given a beta code immediately :D

Was just gonna post about curse.com's giveaway. Got a code for a friend of mine, and curse got something like 500,000 codes for the beta, so it's a good bet you'd get a key :)

NDA be damned.

Despite all the negative things I've heard about Elder Scrolls Online, so far I'm taken back by how nice the graphics are and how well it runs on "gaming computer" from 2007 (gaming for 2007, anyway).

Granted, I've updated the video card to an AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series about a year ago.

So far I haven't been able to leave the starting area, I get stuck on a loading screen when I try to leave.

You're not stuck, it just takes an unreal amount of time to load (10+ minutes).

You're not stuck, it just takes an unreal amount of time to load (10+ minutes).

Wow, guess I'll let it run for a while. I've been giving up and Alt+F4ing after about 5 min.

Then it's actually a successfull stress test, as they then know how much they can handle before they kneel.

If there isn't enough players to get the server down they don't have any real numbers for what they can handle, and it gets that much more difficult to prepare for launch. 

• Like 2

I agree with that. Better now then at launch to figure out that woops, not enough server capacity. I remember how messed up the GW2 market was for the longest time for similar reasons.

I agree with that. Better now then at launch to figure out that woops, not enough server capacity. I remember how messed up the GW2 market was for the longest time for similar reasons.

Practically every MMO launch has been horrible.  (Not literally every MMO launch, but damn close.)

I don't expect this to be any different, no matter how many stress tests they throw at it.

Just tried logging in again, to be told that I am now in a Login Queue. Timer started off at 43min, then after waiting a couple of minutes it's now at 44min and rising.

Doesn't look like I'll be doing any testing this round.

Practically every MMO launch has been horrible.  (Not literally every MMO launch, but damn close.)

I don't expect this to be any different, no matter how many stress tests they throw at it.

Every MMO that had enough hype to overpopulate a few servers has been, at least....hell that extends beyond MMOs even. Completely agree, no matter how many stress tests companies throw at their games, they always seem unprepared in terms of server capacity.

Got a code yesterday and managed to play a fair but until the servers went offline for maintenance. Wasn't able to get back on last night, and haven't tried this morning...