Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ian W

Looking for a '90s Windows screensaver

7 posts in this topic

I am currently searching for a screensaver presumably from the late '90s. The screensaver consisted of several (rather crudely rendered) paintings. I can remember two of the paintings: one was of a frog, lake, and lily pads. The other was of a cup of coffee that had steam rising from the beverage.

Although some may consider searching for a screensaver to be a waste of time, especially since they are no longer necessary, the screensaver has much sentimental value to me. I am sorry that I am unable to provide more information to help.

Were they the screensavers in the Windows 95 Plus Pack?

Plus! for Windows XP includes:

• Plus! Themes (Aquarium, Nature, da Vinci and Space)
  • Plus! Screen Savers (Aquarium, Nature, da Vinci and Space, Robot Circus, Sand Pendulum, Mercury Pool and Plus! My Pictures Premium screensaver)

I remember the Budweiser screensaver that says "Bud" "Weis" "Er"

and fireplace screensaver.

1 person likes this

I am currently searching for a screensaver presumably from the late '90s. The screensaver consisted of several (rather crudely rendered) paintings. I can remember two of the paintings: one was of a frog, lake, and lily pads. The other was of a cup of coffee that had steam rising from the beverage.

I'll look around for it but it may be very hard to find without a name. There were just so many screensavers made back then.

I remember the Budweiser screensaver that says "Bud" "Weis" "Er"

I remember having that one. There was a widespread hoax going around back then that it was a virus that would wipe out your hard drive. It wasn't true though, it was just a normal screensaver. I found a copy of it but it is a 16-bit Windows 3.1 program so it's not going to work on 64-bit Windows.

One of my favorite old screensavers was the Spooky House from the Windows Plus! pack. :)

VvV0x7h.gif

1 person likes this

I'll look around for it but it may be very hard to find without a name. There were just so many screensavers made back then.

Here is the Budweiser Frogs screensaver: http://www.screensaver-network.com/savers/content/USContent0012.html

I was not able to get it to run though. I believe it may be a 16-bit program so if your OS is 64-bit it won't work.

Thanks for the link but I already have it in my CD storage. 

Yes my OS is 64bit. I don't plan to install it on this. I have a fireplace screensaver that works, though.

Were they the screensavers in the Windows 95 Plus Pack?

Plus! for Windows XP includes:

• Plus! Themes (Aquarium, Nature, da Vinci and Space)
  • Plus! Screen Savers (Aquarium, Nature, da Vinci and Space, Robot Circus, Sand Pendulum, Mercury Pool and Plus! My Pictures Premium screensaver)

No, the screensaver was not a part of any Microsoft Plus! add-on. Thank you for asking, though!

I am very sorry that I am unable to provide a name.