microsoft mindshare

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,668 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:37

Oh I agree it would be nice to see more, but we're just not the market for this product (the report). The blog just happens to be public for anyone to stumble across.

I am just not to familiar with Forrester.  Of course that is not my area of expertise.  But thanks for the info. :)

#17 WhatTheSchmidt

WhatTheSchmidt

Neowinian

• 450 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:59

Would just be nice to read the report.  Not much is stated so really not much to go/comment on.  It makes sense considering you cannot look at anything without seeing something from MS.  Apple doesnt appear to be doing as much marketing as they used to and Google really has not done to much either.  I just would like to see more info without having to pay $500.

I watch very little TV, but I see Apple/Google commercials all the time. There was some cutesy feel-good Google commercial on last night, I think it was for the play store. I saw two iPad commercials last night, one from Apple and another from a cell carrier (T-Mobile?) telling me I can get iPads in their store. I will say that there are fewer commercials since it is after Christmas, but they are still there. But since it is so shortly after Christmas, then those Apple/Google commercials would still be in people's minds. And if the commercials are not on people's minds and they forgot, then Apple/Google are in trouble. Why? Christmas just happened. If you got a shiny new iPad or Galaxy, you will know that and it will be on your mind. If Microsoft has more mindshare than the competition, then Microsoft sold more than Apple/Samsung.

#18 ctebah

ctebah

Neowinian Senior

• 4,688 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:08

I watch very little TV, but I see Apple/Google commercials all the time. There was some cutesy feel-good Google commercial on last night, I think it was for the play store. I saw two iPad commercials last night, one from Apple and another from a cell carrier (T-Mobile?) telling me I can get iPads in their store. I will say that there are fewer commercials since it is after Christmas, but they are still there. But since it is so shortly after Christmas, then those Apple/Google commercials would still be in people's minds. And if the commercials are not on people's minds and they forgot, then Apple/Google are in trouble. Why? Christmas just happened. If you got a shiny new iPad or Galaxy, you will know that and it will be on your mind. If Microsoft has more mindshare than the competition, then Microsoft sold more than Apple/Samsung.

First line of the article:

In August 2013, Forrester conducted consumer Technographics® research with 4,551 US online adults to uncover the drivers of a successful 21st century consumer technology brand.

#19 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,668 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:12

I watch very little TV, but I see Apple/Google commercials all the time.

Of course Apple and Google have commercials.  I said that Apple has not been doing as much marketing as they used to and Google never did much marketing themselves.  Compared to what MS has been doing lately, I dont doubt the OP has merit. I just wish the report was available without having to pay $500.  But like I said, I was unfamiliar with Forrester.