Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H - A6 mb debug error

9 posts in this topic

Posted

SO I just replaced by old ASUS MB with a new Z77X-UD3H

I am able to boot back up into windows 8.1 without any issues, as long as I have my monitor plugged into the onboard video, and my ATI 7950 out of the system.

When I put my ATI video card into the system, I get no display on my Monitor, and see a A6 light on the motherboard.  I have removed all ATI drivers from my windows.  Any ideas how I can fix this and use my video card?  Do I need to take the video card out, change something in the bios, then put it back in?
thanks

Posted

What PSU do you have? it might be not as much for the card. Did you connect the GP 6/8 pin power cord?

Posted

Have an Antec 750W power supply

GP 6/8 cord?  You mean the PCI-E Power cable to the video card? Yes  The fan is spinning on the GPU

Posted

Update:  If I move my video card to PCIE x8 slot, it works fine.  How do I get my card to work in PCIE x16?

Posted

Going into bios, MIT, and setting PCIE to Gen 2 fixed the issue. I guess I cant run PCIE 3.0 with i7-2600K processor.  After 4 hours of troubleshooting the issue is now fixed

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't you need Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge-E for PCI-E 3.0?

Posted

Yikes, I have the same board and was planning an upgrade this weekend.  Thanks for the heads up on this! 

Posted

Going into bios, MIT, and setting PCIE to Gen 2 fixed the issue. I guess I cant run PCIE 3.0 with i7-2600K processor.  After 4 hours of troubleshooting the issue is now fixed

Good that you solved that but really this should be auto downgrade to PCI-e 2.0 (If the MB is wanting the CPU PCI-e to run at 3.0) without you making that change but you should check if its running at x16 with this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

and click the ? To give it load.