Question

Posted

SO I just replaced by old ASUS MB with a new Z77X-UD3H

I am able to boot back up into windows 8.1 without any issues, as long as I have my monitor plugged into the onboard video, and my ATI 7950 out of the system.

When I put my ATI video card into the system, I get no display on my Monitor, and see a A6 light on the motherboard.  I have removed all ATI drivers from my windows.  Any ideas how I can fix this and use my video card?  Do I need to take the video card out, change something in the bios, then put it back in?
thanks

8 answers to this question

Posted

What PSU do you have? it might be not as much for the card. Did you connect the GP 6/8 pin power cord?

Posted

Have an Antec 750W power supply

GP 6/8 cord?  You mean the PCI-E Power cable to the video card? Yes  The fan is spinning on the GPU

Posted

Update:  If I move my video card to PCIE x8 slot, it works fine.  How do I get my card to work in PCIE x16?

Posted

Going into bios, MIT, and setting PCIE to Gen 2 fixed the issue. I guess I cant run PCIE 3.0 with i7-2600K processor.  After 4 hours of troubleshooting the issue is now fixed

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't you need Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge-E for PCI-E 3.0?

Posted

Yikes, I have the same board and was planning an upgrade this weekend.  Thanks for the heads up on this! 

Posted

Going into bios, MIT, and setting PCIE to Gen 2 fixed the issue. I guess I cant run PCIE 3.0 with i7-2600K processor.  After 4 hours of troubleshooting the issue is now fixed

Good that you solved that but really this should be auto downgrade to PCI-e 2.0 (If the MB is wanting the CPU PCI-e to run at 3.0) without you making that change but you should check if its running at x16 with this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

and click the ? To give it load.