Hello Neowinians,

I have a DELL E4310 laptop which has 4GB RAM and has a Core i7 vPro processor.

At this moment, I am debating whether or not to upgrade the 160GB hard drive to a SSD, most likely a Intel 530 series.

Do you guys think it's worth to upgrade this machine or should I just save my money.

On my laptop, I do alot of graphic work with Photoshop and watch a crap load of movies. As well, I multi-task with my schoolwork. 

Your opinions would be appreciated greatly. 

I have an acer laptop core i7 4 gigs of ram. My laptop boots in about 8 seconds with windows 8 with the SSD. Stay away from SanDisk my MSATA went out within 3 months.  I dont know how fast my computer would be without the SSD as I went from a 5 year old computer to this. So maybe the 8 second boot speed can help if yours boots around that fast or not.

I guess I am not much help but you can get like 120 gig ones for like 120. Then I put the bulk of my programs on an extrnal spinning HD that I dont use much.

even w/ an older laptop like that one, it'd still be a worthy investment. i use an old Intel X-25M in my 4yr old laptop and it works beautifully.

It's absolutely worth putting a SSD in any PC.  The benefits are huge.

Instead of that Intel one, I'd recommend the Samsung 840 Evo.  For basically the same price as the Intel, you can get the Evo 250GB version, and it's overall a better and faster SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-EVO-Series-2-5-Inch-MZ-7TE250BW/dp/B00E3W1726

It's absolutely worth putting a SSD in any PC.  The benefits are huge.

Instead of that Intel one, I'd recommend the Samsung 840 Evo.  For basically the same price as the Intel, you can get the Evo 250GB version, and it's overall a better and faster SSD.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-EVO-Series-2-5-Inch-MZ-7TE250BW/dp/B00E3W1726

Thank you all for your replies. Decided to go for the SSD upgrade!