Does this site have an ignore feature?

Been posting here for a little more than 7 years and I've never even heard this mentioned in various threads when someone was being foolish. There are certain posters that I have no interest in even seeing in the thread so I'm curious as to whether or not I just don't know how to block someone. Thank you.

It's on your profile, manage ignore prefs, also accessible from the dropdown under your username then simply copy/paste or type in the user you want to block and select from the checkboxes what you want blocked.

post-354816-0-81825200-1389250002.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ignore is one of my favorite features.

Helps to keep one's sanity. ;)

never used it myself

though i have a distinct ability to not let things get to me very easily :)

Andrea Borman was probably the only exception to that :p

I'm ashamed to admit I have a few users on my ignore list purely because they manually type a signature in every post, and leave the signature block blank and it drives me insane.  :rofl:

• Like 2

I'm ashamed to admit I have a few users on my ignore list purely because they manually type a signature in every post, and leave the signature block blank and it drives me insane.  :rofl:

I haven't blocked anyone that does it yet, but it does make everything seem sooooo formal!

-The DIngus Diddler, 3rd heir to the Diddle throne, protector of jimmies, vanquisher of the rustlers. 

But doesn't this feature also give you the option in the thread to show what the user said?

I tried ignore once but then I was always tempted by what stupid thing they said, i would always look at the the ignored post.

• Like 2

Why would you want to miss out on posts just because of a signature? :huh:

Why would you want to miss out on posts just because of a signature? :huh:

Because it annoys me that the signature isnt in the signature block.

Problem is, a lot of users do this, so your ignore list must be massive. 

I don't see many users who do this, only 2 people on my ignore list due to this. I do it if they are regular posters and I see their forum posts a lot.

I know it seems really stupid but its one of those tiny things that annoy me and I find myself focusing on. 

I don't see many users who do this, only 2 people on my ignore list due to this. I do it if they are regular posters and I see their forum posts a lot.

I guess I would have been on your list a few months ago because my sig used to be like that. :laugh:

I guess I would have been on your list a few months ago because my sig used to be like that. :laugh:

I don't remember you putting your sig in your comments manually ever ;)

On an unrelated note, if I put someone on my ignore list, will they ever see my comments? If they can still see my comments what happens if someone on the list quotes me?

Because it annoys me that the signature isnt in the signature block.

well that's too bad you are missing out on their posts.

regards,

Warwagon

• Like 3

well that's too bad you are missing out on their posts.

I'd also get annoyed by all their posts whenever I read them as soon as I saw their signature manually at the bottom.

I'd also get annoyed by all their posts whenever I read them as soon as I saw their signature manually at the bottom.

Ya, I dunno how they can retype that all the time.

I don't remember you putting your sig in your comments manually ever ;)

That's probably because you didn't post in the same topics as me during the time that I did that. :o

That's probably because you didn't post in the same topics as me during the time that I did that. :o

Yeah I only see you in the random picture thread.