challenge photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#16 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 January 2014 - 14:20

Says the one who just laid something on the floor and took a picture of it? :laugh:

Actually I had a much better idea planned out. I just needed someone to help me with it. I'll give more details on what I was going to do in the voting thread.

#17 OP Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 26 January 2014 - 15:11

Annoyingly the only times I now have available to shoot are weekends and evenings. Leaves me a bit limited in what I can do, especially with the weather lately...

I really need to participate myself in these things.

#18 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:34

Hmm... still haven't come across anything for flat other than just taking a picture of the hardwood floor or something, haha. 2 more days, huh? I'll keep looking!

#19 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:39

This is the most decent theme in the history of Neowin's photo challenges and no one is responding :/

There's an entire photography history around the concepts of flatness, frontality and silence (Quite near equivalents in photography).

:/

#20 ArcticRift

ArcticRift

Neowinian

• Phone: Smashed up Galaxy S3

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:26

This is the most decent theme in the history of Neowin's photo challenges and no one is responding :/

There's an entire photography history around the concepts of flatness, frontality and silence (Quite near equivalents in photography).

Flatness - no one said flatness - the topic just says "Flat" - of course we could have had amazing pictures with flatness....

Who do we blame for such a great mistake in the definition of the topic...

O the horror....

No wonder no one was interested....

Guess we missed out...

#21 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:26

Maybe it fell a bit flat..
Can't say my imagination is stirred by the topic but good on the guys who have made an entry.

#22 He's Dead Jim

He's Dead Jim

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:22

Too dark for photos here since october.

#23 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 January 2014 - 19:19

My video card just died 2 days ago, so unable to edit photos until I get the replacement here :( So until feb.

Really that interesting and where would your entry be? :shiftyninja: (sorry had too).

:( Living in third world country means waiting 1 week for courier so i'm afraid i'll be missing out this one.  I've got a slight idea of what I wanted to do, maybe i'll try with my phone tonight.

Flatness - no one said flatness - the topic just says "Flat" - of course we could have had amazing pictures with flatness....

Who do we blame for such a great mistake in the definition of the topic...

O the horror....

No wonder no one was interested....

Guess we missed out...

I think sanctified nailed it, problem is to many people think to literally in terms of definition I guess.

#24 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 January 2014 - 20:44

I wasn't taking it literally, I just can't think of interesting to shoot that's flat or has anything to do with flat or flatness. I thought about taking a picture of a flat tire, but that didn't sound interesting. Or flat colors, which I don't know of any to take pictures of, or flat objects which mostly seem boring to me unless it's just a show of DOF or something... I dunno. I could take all kinds of plain old boring flat pictures, but I've gotten very picky about my photography and won't post anything I don't really like. *shrug*

I was kind of hoping to see some interesting entries to perhaps give some ideas. Actually, I just had the idea of using the lake down the road if the water was really smooth but I can't make it in time now, it'll be dark every time I have a chance to go today or tomorrow. Ahh well.