Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:33

All I wanted to do is run a screen capture without it being compressed into a blocky mess (default setting in camstudio does this).

I read that I would need lossless codec, which I went here to get: http://camstudio.org/ with a link from sourceforge.

Any suggestions?

While I was browsing the forum, I found this which I will try:

http://www.fox-magic...so_features.php

#2 +goretsky

goretsky

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:55

Hello,

Also detected by ESET as MSIL/PSW.Agent.NGB trojan.  Probably best not to trust the file until you ask your anti-malware vendor's support team if this is a false positive alarm or not.

You can also download the CamStudio software direct from That doesn't seem to be detected by any anti-malware software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

#3 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 11 January 2014 - 15:59

Hello,

Also detected by ESET as MSIL/PSW.Agent.NGB trojan. Probably best not to trust the file until you ask your anti-malware vendor's support team if this is a false positive alarm or not.

You can also download the CamStudio software direct from That doesn't seem to be detected by any anti-malware software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks.
I was actually trying to download it direct from their website. I thought camstudio.org was their official site.

Also the other software did not come with codecs either. I guess I will need xvid.

Thanks.

#4 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:27

I installed xvid codec and it seems to work with cam studio which I normally use.

#5 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:00

After a bit of research (I currently have an older version of camstudio installed)  I found out that more recent versions of the application comes with adware which makes AV classify the software as Malware.

See this:

http://brianmahoney....-avoid-malware/

#6 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:15

KIS detects as Trojan-PSW.MSIL.Agent.ulp

A lot of things come with adware but they don't trigger virus alerts before you even download them. Time to abandon CamStudio.

#7 OP hyde+

hyde+

High Definition

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:09

KIS detects as Trojan-PSW.MSIL.Agent.ulp

A lot of things come with adware but they don't trigger virus alerts before you even download them. Time to abandon CamStudio.

Good thing I never uninstalled the older version.

What are some good alternatives?

I tried that other application I mentioned above, it hangs every single time.