Does my motherboard support DDR2 RAM?

hi ppl

I have this Biostar motherboard with Pentium 4 cpu on it. Would you check closely its specs and tell me concretely whether it supports DDR2 RAM?

I know its for ddr1 but its awkward package says sth about supportin ddr2. I also heard some motherboards may support ddr2 event if its made for ddr.

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=234#spec

According to the chipset and motherboard specs, it does not seem to support DDR2. Even if it did, it would probably downclock it so much as to make it useless.

Here is a picture of your motherboard from the link you specified:

b20070515_18.jpg

I don't see any DDR 2 slots on it. I don't think I've come across any P4 motherboards with DDR 2 slots (they do exist, but models supporting both DDR and DDR 2 RAM don't).

500px-Desktop_DDR_Memory_Comparison.svg.

I used that scanner, still unclear. it does say about ddr1 but still i wanna fully understand if it supports ddr2 or not, according to detailed specs of the board.

it's not really unclear.  it simply specifies the types of memory your motherboard is compatible with, not what it wont work with.

Not sure why this has even gone on this long, the first link the OP posted clearly states

Support Dual Channel DDR 200/266/333/400 MHz

Not DDR2.... it's VERY clear.. since DDR and DDR2 are 2 totally different types of memory and are physically different.

• Like 2

I think OP wanted it to support DDR2 so as to not feel as bad about wasting time on a dinosaur.

More likely DDR2 was cheaper.  The more obsolete RAM gets, the more expensive it becomes.

It doesnt matter - (high or low density)

You are dealing with something so old and outdated, worrying over those kind of details is like having a 1979 Ford Pinto and being worried if you have the right kind of carnauba wax - it doesnt matter